How to Preserve Encoded character in URL from NAM AG to webserver
This document (7016712) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
NetIQ Access Manager 4.1
NetIQ Access Gateway Appliance or Service
This request should go as it is to the webserver(with encoded characters), otherwise webserver rejects the request with error. Currently MAG is missing this feature but we can use the workaround provided in the TID.
2. Access Gateway is a reverse proxy and has two parts server part and client part.( Proxy works as server when communicate with Browser and as Client when communicate with WebServer)
3.Below configuration is required for mod_proxy_balacer to avoid normaliztion.( service level conf file under vhost.d )
4. But currently we don't have option of setting nocanon with ProxyPass directive from Admin Console. Hence after every configuration push from Admin Console, httpd configuration will keep 1 and 2 but not 3.
(A bug is raised for the issue and it will a part of product in future release)
5. We can use search and replace method to achieve this.
Search for string "#increase default ulimit from 1024" in /etc/init.d/novell-apache2 and add the below lines above that.
sed -i 's/ProxyPass \/ balancer:\/\/bal_ssd\/ lbmethod=byrequests stickysession=ZNPCQ003-32393400/ProxyPass \/ balancer:\/\/bal_ssd\/ lbmethod=byrequests stickysession=ZNPCQ003-32393400 nocanon/' /etc/opt/novell/apache2/conf/vhosts.d/ssd.conf
( Here ssd.conf is the configuration file for Proxy Service )
6. After following the above steps you can send the URL with encoded characters to webserver.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7016712
- Creation Date:28-JUL-15
- Modified Date:28-JUL-15
- NetIQAccess Manager (NAM)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback