OFX controller installation fails on source machine with error "ControllerInstallationNotCompleted".
This document (7008000) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
KB Link http://support.platespin.com/kb2/login.aspx?errorCodes=ControllerInstallationNotCompleted
Reason Possibly because the machine is slow.
Message Controller installation has not finished in a timely fashion. Possibly because the machine is slow.
This error occurs due to remote execution of controller installation failing. The underlying reason is unknown but most likely cause is a security policy preventing remote execution. Controller installation files are copied and can be viewed on source machine in "%Windir%\Platespin" directory.
- Navigate to the ".\Program Files\PlateSpin PortabilitySuite(\Migrate\Protect) Server\Web" directory.
- Using a text editor, open the web.config file.
- In the web.config file, locate the following entry (located near the end):
<add key="InstallControllerUsingService" value="true" />
- Change the value from "true" to "false". The entry will look as under:
<add key="InstallControllerUsingService" value="false" />
- Save the changes to the web.config file.
This will change the controller installation mechanism from using remote execution service to using local WMI on the source machine.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7008000
- Creation Date:25-FEB-11
- Modified Date:01-AUG-17
- NetIQPlateSpin ForgePlateSpin MigratePlateSpin Portability SuitePlateSpin Protect
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback