Contents of the Download Package
Installing This Module
Cisco Unity Connection (CiscoUC) is a voice and unified messaging platform that includes speech-enabled messaging and desktop message access. AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection helps you monitor Cisco Unity Connection application services and system resources on the Cisco Unity Connection server.
This release improves usability and resolves previous issues. Many of these improvements were made in direct response to suggestions from our customers. We thank you for your time and valuable input. We hope you continue to help us ensure that our products meet all your needs. You can post feedback in the AppManager forum on NetIQ Communities, our online community that also includes product information, blogs, and links to helpful resources.
The documentation for this product is available on the NetIQ Web site in HTML and PDF formats on a page that does not require you to log in. If you have suggestions for documentation improvements, click comment on this topic at the bottom of any page in the HTML version of the documentation posted at the AppManager Modules page. To download this module, log into the AppManager Module Upgrades & Trials page.
This release of AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection resolves the following issues:
- Discovery_CiscoUC Knowledge Script fails with an object type error. This release resolves an issue in which the Discovery_CiscoUC script appeared to run successfully on a Cisco Unity Connection 10.x computer, but the script generated the following error message: Discover: Failed to check in object type for CiscoUC discovery. With this release, the Discovery_CiscoUC script runs as expected in this situation, and the error message does not appear. (ENG326254)
- Discovery_CiscoUC Knowledge Script runs slowly on CiscoUC computers with many users. This release resolves an issue in which the Discovery_CiscoUC script ran very slowly on a Cisco Unity Connection 9.x or 10.x server that had a large number of users configured. With this release, an update to the Discovery_CiscoUC script ensures that the job completes in less than thirty minutes even when you run it on servers with many users. (ENG326250)
This release also provides the following enhancement:
- Support for Cisco Unity Connection 10.0. You can use this release of AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection to monitor Cisco Unity Connection version 10.0. For more information, see the System Requirements.
To get the updates provided in this release, you must install the module to the AppManager repository (QDB) and on the agent computer, and then propagate changes to any running jobs for the Knowledge Scripts that were updated in this release. AppManager 7.x does not automatically update renamed or copied Knowledge Scripts. For more information, see the "Upgrading Knowledge Script Jobs" section in the management guide.
This release of AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection replaces all Previous Releases.
Return to Top
For the most recently updated list of supported application versions, see the
AppManager Supported Products page. Unless noted otherwise, this module supports all updates, hotfixes, and service packs for the releases listed below.
AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection has the following requirements:
- AppManager version 7.0 or later installed on the AppManager repository (QDB) computer, on all the proxy agent computers through which you want to monitor Cisco Unity Connection servers, and on all console computers
Note Support for Windows Server 2008 on AppManager 7.x requires AppManager Windows Agent hotfix 71704 or later. For more information, see the AppManager Suite Hotfixes page.
- One of the following Microsoft operating systems installed on the proxy agent computers:
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Cisco Unity Connection 10.0, 9.1, 9.0, 8.6, 8.5, or 8.0 on the computer that you want to monitor (through proxy agents)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later installed on the proxy agent computers
- AppManager for Microsoft Windows module installed on the AppManager repository (QDB) computer, on all proxy agent computers, and on all console computers
Note NetIQ Corporation recommends version 126.96.36.199 at minimum. For more information, see the AppManager Module Upgrades & Trials Web page.
For more information, see the AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection Management Guide, included in the download package.
Return to Top
Contents of the Download Package
AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection includes a managed object,
qNQCiscoUCNet.dll, and Knowledge Scripts to discover and monitor Cisco Unity Connection resources. The download package includes this release notes file, a management guide, Help for Knowledge Scripts, and several files that are used during installation:
AM70-CiscoUC-188.8.131.52.msi, the module installer.
AM70-CiscoUC-184.108.40.206.ini, a configuration file used with the AppManager setup program.
AAM70-CiscoUC-220.127.116.11.xml, a configuration file used for deploying the module with Control Center. This is the file you check into the Control Center Web Depot.
AM70-CiscoUC-18.104.22.168-RepositoryFiles.exe, a compressed file that contains the QDB and console files. You do not need to run this file during installation.
ckCiscoUC.exe, the pre-installation check used with the AppManager setup program.
When you download the module, these files are copied by default to the local folder on the download computer. Consider copying these files to the
\windows_installation\setup\Setup Files folder on the same distribution computer on which you saved your main AppManager software and documentation. By doing so, you maintain all AppManager software in one location that is easily accessible when you want to add more repositories, management servers, or agents.
Return to Top
Installing This Module
Run the module installer to install the module components in the following locations:
- On all proxy agent computers to install the agent components
- On all console computers to install the Help and console extensions
Run the module installer only once on each of these computers.
You must also install the Knowledge Scripts. You can install these components into local or remote QDBs.
When installing to each QDB, select the option to install Knowledge Scripts, and then specify the SQL Server name of the server hosting the QDB, as well as the case-sensitive QDB name.
Important This release provides SQL stored procedures. To ensure module functionality, run the module installer for each QDB attached to Control Center.
Install Knowledge Scripts only once per QDB. The module installer now installs Knowledge Scripts for each module directly into the QDB instead of to the
\AppManager\qdb\kp folder as in previous releases.
For more information about installing this module, see the AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection Management Guide, included in the download package.
Return to Top
NetIQ Corporation strives to ensure our products provide quality solutions for your enterprise software needs. The following issues are currently being researched. If you need further assistance with any issue, please contact Technical Support.
- CiscoUC_ListUtil Knowledge Script does not correctly display the list of services for Cisco Unity Connection version 9.1. If you select Services for the Select list parameter and then run the CiscoUC_ListUtil script, the list of Cisco Unity Connection version 9.1 services available that displays in the event message does not match the list of services displayed in the Navigation pane or the TreeView for the CiscoUC object. (ENG330346)
- CiscoUC_ListUtil Knowledge Script does not display all available counters in the event message. If you select Counters for the Select list parameter and then run the CiscoUC_ListUtil script, the list of available Cisco Unity Connection counters that displays in the event message is not complete. (ENG330345)
Return to Top
This release of AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection includes enhancements added in previous releases.
Release 22.214.171.124, October 2013
This release of AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection resolved the following issues:
- CiscoUC_PortStatus Knowledge Script does not exclude specified voice ports. This release resolves an issue in which you specified one or more voice ports to exclude in the Exclude voice ports parameter, but the CiscoUC_PortStatus job failed to exclude those ports. With this release, the CiscoUC_PortStatus script properly excludes all specified voice ports. (ENG330344)
- CiscoUC Knowledge Scripts fail with a security configuration error. This release resolves an issue in which all Cisco Unity Connection servers monitored from a given proxy required the same credentials listed as the default for the Sub-label entry in AppManager Security Manager. If the credentials were not set as the default, the discovery succeeded but the CiscoUC scripts failed with an error stating Security information not configured in Security Manager. With this release, the module accepts any of the following information in the Sub-label entry, in this order: Cisco Unity Connection server IP address, Cisco Unity Connection server host name, and default. As a result, the Cisco Unity Connection scripts work properly in this situation. (ENG330197)
- Discovery_CiscoUC Knowledge Script runs slowly when counting users. This release resolves an issue in which the user counting process used by the Discovery_CiscoUC script ran slowly when counting the number of users. With this release, an update to the Discovery_CiscoUC script prevents any slowdowns when counting users. (ENG327667)
This release also provides the following enhancement:
- Support for Cisco Unity Connection 9.1 and 9.0. You can use this release of AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection to monitor Cisco Unity Connection version 9.1 and 9.0. For more information, see the System Requirements.
- Support for Windows Server 2012. This release supports Windows Server 2012 on proxy agent computers.
Release 126.96.36.199, November 2012
This initial release of AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection supports version 8.6, 8.5, and 8.0 of Cisco Unity Connection and includes the following features:
- Monitors the system health and performance of all Unity Connection servers from a central location, including the Unity Connection application
- Monitors the incoming and outgoing call activity
- Monitors the CPU and memory utilization
- Monitors the usage of voice and text-to-speech ports
- Monitors the server ports that are available for use
- Monitors the active subscriber sessions
- Monitors the status of the Unity Connection servers
This release includes the following Knowledge Scripts:
- CiscoUC_AutoFailover: Monitors the Connection Server Role Manager logs for AutoFailover or AutoFailback events
- CiscoUC_DRFStatus: Monitors the Cisco Unity Connection Disaster Recovery Framework (DRF) status
- CiscoUC_GeneralCounter: Monitors a user-specified counter on a Unity Connection server
- CiscoUC_ListUtil: Lists the counters, logs, and services on a Unity Connection server
- CiscoUC_Logs: Monitors the user-specified Unity Connection server logs for matching text
- CiscoUC_NumberofLogons: Monitors the number of active subscriber sessions for a Unity Connection server
- CiscoUC_PortStatus: Monitors whether Unity Connection ports are available for use
- CiscoUC_ServiceDown: Monitors the status of Unity Connection services
- CiscoUC_SystemCPU: Monitors the percentage of CPU utilization for a Unity Connection server
- CiscoUC_SystemMem: Monitors the physical and virtual memory usage for a Unity Connection server
- CiscoUC_VoicePortsinUse: Monitors the number of Unity Connection voice ports that are being used by callers
- Discovery_CiscoUC: Discovers Cisco Unity Connection server resources
NetIQ AppManager for Cisco Unity Connection software, as well as any and all Adapters, modules, updates, modifications thereto ("Software"), is distributed with certain Third Party Software and Open Source Software (as defined in the License Agreement provided with the Software).
The following Third Party and Open Source Software are included with the Software and are licensed for distribution according to the terms described in this document and any use thereof must be in accordance with such terms, solely in conjunction with your use internal use of the Software, and - unless explicitly contradicted below - consistent with the terms and conditions set forth in the applicable EULA. No further licenses are granted.
- Apache License: Distributions of log4net
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Version 2.0, January 2004
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
"License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.
"Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
"Legal Entity" shall mean the union of the acting entity and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising permissions granted by this License.
"Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
"Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
"Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
"Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
"Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version of the Work and any modifications or additions to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a Contribution."
"Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by such Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
(a) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
(b) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
(c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works; and
(d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.
You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.
5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.
- WCF SOAP With Attachments Message Encoder
Licensed under the Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL):
This license governs use of the accompanying software. If you use the software, you accept this license. If you do not accept the license, do not use the software.
The terms "reproduce," "reproduction," "derivative works," and "distribution" have the same meaning here as under U.S. copyright law.
A "contribution" is the original software, or any additions or changes to the software.
A "contributor" is any person that distributes its contribution under this license.
"Licensed patents" are a contributor's patent claims that read directly on its contribution.
2. Grant of Rights
(A) Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce its contribution, prepare derivative works of its contribution, and distribute its contribution or any derivative works that you create.
(B) Patent Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license under its licensed patents to make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, import, and/or otherwise dispose of its contribution in the software or derivative works of the contribution in the software.
3. Conditions and Limitations
(A) No Trademark License- This license does not grant you rights to use any contributors' name, logo, or trademarks.
(B) If you bring a patent claim against any contributor over patents that you claim are infringed by the software, your patent license from such contributor to the software ends automatically.
(C) If you distribute any portion of the software, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software.
(D) If you distribute any portion of the software in source code form, you may do so only under this license by including a complete copy of this license with your distribution. If you distribute any portion of the software in compiled or object code form, you may only do so under a license that complies with this license.
(E) The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. The contributors give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this license cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the contributors exclude the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- CUPI .NET Wrapper Library
This code and samples are provided "as-is", responsibility for testing and supporting it lies with you.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
Return to Top
Our goal is to provide documentation that meets your needs. If you have suggestions for improvements, please email Documentation-Feedback@netiq.com. We value your input and look forward to hearing from you.
For detailed contact information, see the Support Contact Information page.
For general corporate and product information, see the NetIQ Corporate Web site.
For interactive conversations with your peers and NetIQ experts, become an active member of our community. The NetIQ online community provides product information, useful links to helpful resources, blogs, and social media channels.
Return to Top
THIS DOCUMENT AND THE SOFTWARE DESCRIBED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE FURNISHED UNDER AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF A LICENSE AGREEMENT OR A NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN SUCH LICENSE AGREEMENT OR NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT, NETIQ CORPORATION PROVIDES THIS DOCUMENT AND THE SOFTWARE DESCRIBED IN THIS DOCUMENT "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW DISCLAIMERS OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES IN CERTAIN TRANSACTIONS; THEREFORE, THIS STATEMENT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For purposes of clarity, any module, adapter or other similar material ("Module") is licensed under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement for the applicable version of the NetIQ product or software to which it relates or interoperates with, and by accessing, copying or using a Module you agree to be bound by such terms. If you do not agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement you are not authorized to use, access or copy a Module and you must destroy all copies of the Module and contact NetIQ for further instructions.
This document and the software described in this document may not be lent, sold, or given away without the prior written permission of NetIQ Corporation, except as otherwise permitted by law. Except as expressly set forth in such license agreement or non-disclosure agreement, no part of this document or the software described in this document may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise, without the prior written consent of NetIQ Corporation. Some companies, names, and data in this document are used for illustration purposes and may not represent real companies, individuals, or data.
This document could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herein. These changes may be incorporated in new editions of this document. NetIQ Corporation may make improvements in or changes to the software described in this document at any time.
U.S. Government Restricted Rights: If the software and documentation are being acquired by or on behalf of the U.S. Government or by a U.S. Government prime contractor or subcontractor (at any tier), in accordance with 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-4 (for Department of Defense (DOD) acquisitions) and 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212 (for non-DOD acquisitions), the government's rights in the software and documentation, including its rights to use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display or disclose the software or documentation, will be subject in all respects to the commercial license rights and restrictions provided in the license agreement.
© 2014 NetIQ Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
For information about NetIQ trademarks, see http://www.netiq.com/company/legal/.
Return to Top