Updating to latest iManager NetIQ Certificate Server Plug-ins in NAM to avoid security issues
This document (7022445) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Administration Console Plugins
NetIQ Certificate Server Plug-ins for iManager 188.8.131.5270613 NetIQ Certificate Management in eDirectory
There's an update to this plugin (NetIQ Certificate Server Plug-ins for iManager 184.108.40.20670923 NetIQ Certificate Management in eDirector) that prevents an attacker from uploading files to a temp directory on Admin Console.
1. Go to Admin console -> Configure Console
2. Select iManager Server -> Configure iManager
3. Navigate to Plug-in Download and enable “Query download site for new NetIQ Plug-in Modules (NPM)”
4. Save configuration
5. Go to plug-in installation and Click Available Plug-in
6. Select 220.127.116.1170923 and install
7. Once install, restart admin console server
In the cases where the iManager server has no access to the public network, the following steps are required where we download the updates from a separate host, and then update iManager manually.
1. Open the URL - https://www.netiq.com/support/imanager/plugins/
2. Search for pki.npm version 18.104.22.16870923, it will be listed as "NetIQ Certificate Server Plug-ins for iManager"
3. Download the pki.npm file.
4. Open Admin Console -> Admin -> Console Configuration -> Plug-in installation -> Available NetIQ Plug-in Modules.Click Add -> Choose File -> Browse and Select "pki.npm" -> Click "OK".
5. Select the "NetIQ Certificate Server Plug-ins for iManager" and click Install. The new plugin should be displayed in the list of 'Available plug-ins'.
6. Click Close, when install process completed.
7. Click on Installed NetIQ Plug-in Modules, and verify that the plug-in has been installed.
8. Restart the Admin Console Service.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7022445
- Creation Date:08-DEC-17
- Modified Date:10-JAN-18
- NetIQAccess Manager (NAM)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback