Recover with the click of a mouse
Transform cumbersome disaster recovery tasks to a simple button press.
Virtual machines deliver incredibly fast recovery performance because the backup media is also the recovery environment. Recovery archives created with PlateSpin® Protect can be powered on and run directly within your virtual infrastructure in minutes.
PlateSpin Protect leverages virtualization to make the pain and complexity of recovering from cumbersome backup archives a thing of the past. With no need to pre–stage and configure a target server for recovery purposes, virtual machines used as backups offer a recovery process as simply booting the backup archive in place. Removing unnecessary and error prone manual steps from the recovery process saves time and saves headaches.
Steps to recovery
Recovery with most disaster recovery solutions requires four key steps to recovering a failed workload:
- Procuring or finding a new server to run the workload on (often ensuring hardware compatibility with the old server)
- Installing an operating system to host the failed application
- Configuring the operating system to be suitable to run the application and in some cases installing the application itself
- Finally, loading the backup data in to the new application environment
PlateSpin takes these cumbersome four steps and offers a simple single recovery step:
- Identify the workload to be failed over, and click recover
From that point on the virtual recovery workload can be run in place, to temporarily replace the workload or workloads that have failed. All this at the click of a mouse, and in as little time as it takes for a server to boot.
When a disaster hits, the time and effort saved by removing unneeded complexity can be priceless.