The Operations Center server is validated to install and run on the following platforms:
- IBM AIX 6.1
- HP-UX 11iv 3 (PA-RISC Only)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 and 2008
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11x86 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Linux 5.0
- Sun Solaris 10 on SPARC and x86
While Operations Center supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Virtual Machines, the typical implementation requires a 64-bit Virtual Machine because of the memory demands of the application.
Operations Center is NOT supported on HP-UX Itanium.
The Operations Center Dashboard and CMS are NOT supported on AIX, HP-UX and Red Hat Linux.
Operations Center supports the following databases:
- IBM DB2 9.7 (not supported for Version Tracking, Dashboard or Experience Manager)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008
- Oracle 11g
- PostgreSQL 8.4 (not supported for Dashboard or Experience Manager)
- Sybase ASE 15 (not supported for Dashboard)
- Any server-class machine that supports a Java Runtime Environment of JRE: 1.6.0_21 and one of the specified Operations Systems listed above.
- Memory and processing speed requirements vary widely based on your configuration. At a minimum, 2-4 GB RAM for 32 bit and 8 GB RAM for 64-bit and a dual-processor are needed, but more RAM and processors might be required as memory and processing speed requirements depend upon your configuration, particularly the number of systems and amount of data being integrated.
- It is necessary to tune the JVM settings (in particular memory settings) based on your usage and environment. If you need help determining more specific hardware requirements, contact Consulting.
Disk Space Requirements
Disk space requirements vary based on the size and configuration of your environment. Below are minimum disk space estimates for the Operations Center server and Dashboard. If you need help determining more specific disk space requirements, contact Consulting.
- 2 GB for the Operations Center server
- 650 MB for the Operations Center configuration storage database (estimated growth rate will vary based on product usage)
- 1.5 GB for the Operations Center dashboard.
- 100 MB for the dashboard database (estimated growth rate will vary based on product usage. For example, an average is likely 30 MB per community)
The Operations Center client environment requirements are:
- A client machine connected to the Internet or the corporate Intranet running:
- Mozilla Firefox v3.x
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v7, v8 (Adobe SVG Plug-in is required to access some features in the Operations Center Dashboard)
- Any machine that supports a Java Runtime Environment JRE 1.6.0_21 (further details are listed in Chapter 4 of the Getting Started Guide)
- Minimum free disk space of 750 MB
- Minimum memory allocation space (RAM) of 2GB RAM
- Minimum processing speed of 500+ MHz (UNIX)
- Minimum processing speed of 1 GHz (Windows)
Operations Center comes with several out of the box, bi-directional integrations to common tools. Please see the table below for specific details. For cases where there is no out of the box integration option, Operations Center also provides a few different methodologies to integrate with home grown or off the shelf technology and business data sources via:
- Databases directly
- Line oriented data feeds
- Log files
- Web Services
|Application and Management Systems||Version||Notes|
|Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)||July 2010||None|
|BMC Software Event Manager/Impact Manager||7.2||Supported ORB Platforms: AIX HP-UX(PA-RISC Only) Solaris Windows 2000|
|BMC Software PATROL Enterprise Manager (PEM)||4.3||None|
|BMC Software PATROL||BMC PATROL 7.5 Agent 3.5||None|
|Castle Rock Computing SNMPc||7.0.19||None|
|Cisco Works2000 Device Fault Manager||2.0, DFM 2.06 (based on LMS 2.6)||None|
|Computer Associates (CA) Spectrum||9.0||None|
|Computer Associates Unicenter||3.1, R11 (for TNG or NSM Products)||Supported ORB Platforms: Windows 2000|
|EMC SMARTS||7.1||The EMC SMARTS adapter is only compatible with 32 bit Operations Center servers|
|HP OpenView Network Node Manager||7.5.1||Supported ORB Platforms: HP-UX (PA-RISC Only) Solaris Windows 2000 RedHat Linux|
|HP OpenView Network Node Manager i-series||8.1||Requires the NNMi SDK enablement License from HP|
|IBM Micromuse Netcool||7.2, 7.3||None|
|IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console (T/EC)||3.9||Supported ORB Platforms: AIX HP-UX (PA-RISC Only) Solaris Windows 2000 RedHat AS 2.1, 3.0|
|IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console (T/EC)+, Database Edition||3.9||None|
|IBM Tivoli NetView||7.14||Supported ORB Platforms: AIX Solaris Windows 2000|
|Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)||MOM 2005, SCOM 2007||None|
|NetIQ AppManager||7.0.4, 8.0||None|
|NetIQ Cloud Manager||1||None|
|Novell ZENworks Configuration Management||11||None|
|IBM Tivoli application Dependency Discovery Manager (TADDM)||7.1.2||None|
|Service Desk Systems||Version||Notes|
|HP Service Manager||7||None|
|BMC Remedy ARS||7.2||None|
|Application and Management Systems||Version||Notes|
|Blade Logic Operations Manager (now BMC)||v2005||None|
|Cisco Info Center (CIC)||3.7||None|
|Novell ZENworks Linux Management||7.3||None|
|Computer Associates (CA) Spectrum||8.1||None|
|HP OpenView Operations for UNIX||8.x||Supported ORB Platforms: HP-UX (PA-RISC Only) Solaris|
|Mercury Application Mapping (now HP)||5.0||None|
|Tideway Foundation (now BMC)||7.2||None|
Tier 1 (Certified): certifies the use of and supports all operating systems, databases, hardware, and third-party integrations as specified.
Tier 2 (Best Level): provides a best level effort of support for:
- The next newest version of Tier 1 supported operating systems, client platforms, databases, and third-party integrations
- The previous version of Tier 1 supported operating systems, client platforms, databases, and third-party integrations.
If NetIQ support is unable to resolve an issue in a reasonable amount of time as determined by NetIQ Support, you must migrate to a Tier 1 certified version or work with NetIQ Consulting.