Frequently Asked Questions
- I am a software developer – can I use CSS?
- I already support SAML, do I still need CSS?
- Does CSS pricing fit with my on-demand pay per use model?
- I am a managed service provider, can I use CSS? What are the benefits?
- I am a consumer of cloud services, can I purchase Cloud Security Service?
- Do my enterprises have to download and install an agent on every desktop?
- How is Cloud Security Service different from Access Manager?
I am a software developer – can I use CSS?
Cloud Security Service is designed specifically for ISVs moving to a SaaS model or ISVs that are already offering SaaS or PaaS service. Our solution is a multi-tenant identity and access management solution that provides your customers with security capabilities like single sign-on, audit logs, authorization management and automatic de-provisioning (zero day start/stop). CSS is cloud ready and allows billing based on usage. It is the most secure solution in the market today and ensures that sensitive information, like the credentials of your customers, are always behind the firewall and never stored in the cloud. Other benefits of CSS:
- Connect once and deploy everywhere: With CSS you only have to connect once to CSS. CSS provides connections to most popular enterprise identity systems based on industry standards.
- Increased user adoption: Single sign-on and comprehensive audit logs fit well into a larger enterprise security model and will enable you to penetrate your customer organization more effectively.
- Increased revenues: Security is the number one barrier to cloud adoption. CSS will help you eliminate the security concerns of your customers and increase your revenues from large and very large enterprises. Using CSS will also eliminate the problem of shared credentials and increase your per-user usage.
- Management dashboards: The simple dashboard interface for you and your customers will help manage functionality, usage tracking and reporting in a user-friendly fashion.
I already support SAML, do I still need CSS?
SAML, which stands for Security Assertion Markup Language, is the most widely used protocol for sharing credential information between enterprise and cloud applications. However this itself is not sufficient for most enterprises. SAML usage by SaaS is still in its infancy, and according to analysts, less than 10% of the SaaS use this today. Also, SAML versions are different -- even Google and Salesforce don't support the same standards. SAML helps with authenticating users into a cloud application but it does not provide any level of audit tracking. With CSS, you can provide your end-customers with deep page-level audit tracking, which is critical for satisfying compliance requirements for most enterprises today.
Does CSS pricing fit with my on-demand pay per use model?
Absolutely. CSS has built-in usage tracking capability which allows you to bill for CSS functionality in the same way you would bill for your core services. Our pricing is based on your revenue model.
I am a managed service provider, can I use CSS? What are the benefits?
Cloud Security Service helps managed service providers (MSPs) drive margins by providing a security differentiator and a means of attracting SaaS vendors to create a marketplace. Our solution is a multi-tenant identity and access management solution that allows MSPs to offer assurance and transparency to the enterprise by providing security capabilities like single sign-on, roles management and audit logs from multiple SaaS applications. CSS, through its patented, multi-tenant management interface, also provides a convenient way to attract, manage and scale a multi-SaaS environment. Other benefits of CSS are:
- Out of the box connectors to most common SaaS applications
- Support for standards-based protocols for authentication and authorization
- Customizable branding interface
- Ability to plug and play CSS functionality via your home grown interfaces.
I am a consumer of cloud services, can I purchase Cloud Security Service?
Cloud Security Service (CSS) provides a number of benefits for end-users – single sign-on to SaaS application, audit logs and user activity monitoring, multi-SaaS management platform. Our solution ensures that sensitive information like user credentials are always stored behind the firewall. Moreover, CSS integrates with your existing identity and access management infrastructure and allows cloud security to be directed from the enterprise.
However CSS is a multi-tenant cloud enabled platform that requires your cloud providers to integrate CSS into their solution. So if you are interested in the benefits of CSS you can refer your cloud provider to our company or bring us into the conversation you are having with your cloud provider.
Do my enterprises have to download and install an agent on every desktop?
No, they don't. CSS is hosted in the cloud – wherever the service provider has their application hosted, or, in the case of an MSP, in their cloud environment. On the enterprise side, a small appliance is installed which acts as a proxy agent to communicate sensitive information from the enterprise to the CSS broker. It is important to note here that no sensitive information is actually stored in the cloud and there are no holes poked in the firewall to enable this communication.
How is Cloud Security Service different from Access Manager?
Access Manager™ (NAM) is an access management technology that provides authentication, authorization, federation and single-sign on to web and internal enterprise application. It is a single tenant solution that is installed either in an enterprise's data center or in a dedicated hosting environment. NAM will be most valued by enterprise customers who have complex needs for federating and providing simplified access to both internal and external applications. Read more ›
Cloud Security Service (CSS)is a web-based, multi-tenant identity and access management solution that is deployed in a shared hosting environment such as within a SaaS hosting environment, multi-tenant cloud hosting environment or in a multi-tenant private cloud of an enterprise. CSS will be most valued by a cloud provider who needs to provide security to multi-tenants and needs usage and billing capabilities.