The System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) Driver specification is designed to manage users and groups in cloud-based applications. This update is applicable for SCIM drivers running Identity Manager 4.7.4 or Identity Manager 4.8.1, or later. The driver version will be changed to 22.214.171.124 after the patch is applied.
Identity Manager 4.7.4, or later
Identity Manager 4.8.1, or later
Upgrading the Driver
The driver upgrade process involves the following tasks:
Upgrading the Driver Packages
- Upgrading the driver packages
- Upgrading the driver files
- Download the following packages:
- SCIM Base Configuration package (mandatory for SCIM 126.96.36.199)
- Package Name: NETQSCIMBASE
- Version: 1.0.0
- Build Date: 20201222
- Build Number: 142319
SCIM Default Configuration package (mandatory for SCIM 188.8.131.52)
- Package Name: NETQSCIMDCFG
- Version: 1.0.0
- Build Date: 20201113
- Build Number: 132234
SCIM Entitlement Configuration package (optional for SCIM 184.108.40.206)
- Package Name: NETQSCIMENT
- Version: 1.0.0
- Build Date: 20201221
- Build Number: 171309
Open the project in Designer to deploy the driver.
Navigate to Help menu and select Check for Package Updates. Install the above SCIM packages.
Drag the driver from Designer Pallet > Tools.
Configure the driver as mention in SCIM Implementation Guide.
To verify driver configuration and packages, navigate to Driver Properties > Driver Configuration > Packages.
Upgrading the Driver Files
- Download and unzip the contents of the IDM_SCIM_1010.zip file to a temporary location on your computer.
- To install the driver files as a root user:
- Login as root on the server where you want apply the driver jar file.
- Navigate to the extracted IDM_SCIM_1010.zip directory and perform one of the following actions for your platform:
- For Linux: Install the new netiq-DXMLscim.rpm in your driver installation directory by running one of the following command in a terminal window:
- If you are installing the binary, run the command: rpm -Uvh (binaries-path)/netiq-DXMLscim.rpm
- For Windows: Copy the SCIMDriverShim.jar files to your driver installation folder. For example, \NetIQ\IdentityManager\NDS (local installation) or \Novell\RemoteLoader\64bit (remote installation).
(Conditional) To update the driver files as a non-root user:
To install the driver files, enter the following command:
- Verify that /rpm directory exists and contains _db.* file.
The _db.* file is created during a non-root installation of the Identity Manager engine. The absence of this file might indicate that Identity Manager is not properly installed. You must reinstall the Identity Manager to correctly place the file in the directory.
- To set the root directory to the location of non-root Identity Vault, enter the command ROOTDIR=non-root eDirectory location in the command prompt.
This will set the environmental variables to the directory where Identity Vault is installed as a non-root user.
For example, to install the SCIM driver RPM, use this command:
rpm --dbpath $ROOTDIR/rpm -Uvh --relocate=/usr=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/etc=$ROOTDIR/etc --relocate=/opt/novell/eDirectory=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/opt/novell/dirxml=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/dirxml --relocate=/var=$ROOTDIR/var --badreloc --nodeps --replacefiles /home/user/netiq-DXMLscim.rpm
Note: In the above command /opt/novell/eDirectory is the location where nonroot Identity Vault is installed, and /home/user/ is the home directory of the non-root user.
(Conditional) If the driver is running locally, start the Identity Vault and the driver instance.
(Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, start the Remote Loader instance and the driver instance.
Technical Support Information
Enhancements in this Release (Version 220.127.116.11)
ALM 285192 - SCIM Driver now supports Entitlements which helps to modify and control the resource attributes.