This update is applicable for SAP HR drivers running Identity Manager 4.7.x and Identity Manager 4.8.x. The driver version will be changed to 18.104.22.168 after the patch is applied.
Upgrading the Driver
- Identity Manager 4.7.x and 4.8.x
- Driver with SAP JCO3 at a minimum
- Driver with latest base package is recommended
The driver upgrade process involves updating the driver files.
Updating the Driver Files
- Take a back-up of the current driver configuration.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running locally, stop the driver instance and the Identity Vault.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, stop the driver and the Remote Loader instance.
- Download and unzip the contents of the IDM_SAPHR_4041.zip file to a temporary location on your computer.
- (Conditional) To update the driver files as a root user:
- On the server where you want to apply the driver patch, log in as root/administrator.
- Navigate to the extracted IDM_SAPHR_4041.zip directory and perform one of the following actions for your platform:
(Conditional) To update the driver files as a non-root user:
(Conditional) If the driver is running locally, start the Identity Vault and the driver instance.
- Verify that non-root edirectory="" location=""/rpm directory exists and contains _db.* file.
The _db.* file is created during a non-root installation of the Identity Manager engine. Absence of this file might indicate that Identity Manager is not properly installed. Reinstall Identity Manager to correctly place the file in the directory.
- To set the root directory to the location of non-root Identity Vault, enter the following command in the command prompt:
ROOTDIR=<non-root eDirectory location>
This will set the environmental variables to the directory where Identity Vault is installed as a non-root user.
- To install the driver files, enter the following command:
For example, to install the SAP HR driver RPM, use this command:
rpm --dbpath $ROOTDIR/rpm -Uvh --relocate=/usr=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/etc=$ROOTDIR/etc --relocate=/opt/novell/eDirectory=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/opt/novell/dirxml=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/dirxml --relocate=/var=$ROOTDIR/var --badreloc --nodeps --replacefiles /home/user/novell-DXMLsaphrjco.rpm
where /opt/novell/eDirectory is the location where non-root eDirectory is installed and /home/user/ is the home directory of the non-root user.
(Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, start the Remote Loader instance and the driver instance.
Technical Support Information
Issues Fixed in This Release
- Bug 1165526 - Empty Infotype 1001 subtypes are now shown as incoming data
Issues Fixed in Previous Releases
Issue Fixed in Driver 22.214.171.124
Issue Fixed in Driver 126.96.36.199
- Bug 1106210 - Ability to properly handle extended characters in IDocs
- Bug 1077713 - Correct handling of success or failure status and display of resulting messages in the trace
Issue Fixed in Driver 4.0.3
- Bug 1060736 - SAP subtype attribute receives appropriate values of multiple attributes
- Bug 1103295 - No expections reported when when processing future dated iDocs
- Bug 782830 - Future-dated idocs are no loger dropped
- Bug 988223 - The remove-all-values action successfully deletes previous values in case of multiple Personal Actions
- Bug 1021010 - Corrected the NOVLSAPHRIDC-pub-ets-EvaluateEventValidityPeriod stylesheet to remove the extra 'when' statement within the same 'choose' statement
- Bug 1059284 - NullPointerException is no longer reported while processing IDoc.
- Bug 889894 - SAP HR .proc files are re-processed after driver crash
- Bug 913720 - Empty infotypes are correctly displayed as incoming data
- Bug 947753 - Ability to consume multiple languages per instance
- Bug 1029869 - Updated UserJOC3test.class with SNC related information.(SAP HR change for bug 947753 has insufficient description in the package update. Bug 954034.)
- Bug 1003860 - Ability to set the value from IDoc as the sequence number (Issue after upgrade to 4002)