REST Driver 1.1.2.0002 Readme
This Readme comprises the following sections:
This update is applicable for REST drivers running Identity Manager 4.7.x or Identity Manager 4.8.x, or later. The driver version will be changed to 1.1.2.0002 after the patch is applied.
- Identity Manager 4.7.x, or later
- Identity Manager 4.8.x, or later
Upgrading the Driver
The driver upgrade process involves the following task:
Upgrading the Driver Files
(Conditional) To update the driver files as a non-root user:
- Take a back-up of the current driver configuration.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running locally, stop the driver instance and the Identity Vault.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, stop the driver and the Remote Loader instance.
- Download and unzip the contents of the IDM_REST_1.1.2_HF2.zip file to a temporary location on your computer.
- (Conditional) To update the driver files as a root user:
(Conditional) If the driver is running locally, start the Identity Vault and the driver instance.
- Verify that <non-root edirectory="" location="">/rpm directory exists and contains _db.* file.
The _db.* file is created during a non-root installation of the Identity Manager engine. Absence of this file might indicate that Identity Manager is not properly installed. Reinstall Identity Manager to correctly place the file in the directory.
- To set the root directory to the location of non-root Identity Vault, enter the following command in the command prompt:
ROOTDIR=<non-root eDirectory location>
This will set the environmental variables to the directory where Identity Vault is installed as a non-root user.
- To install the driver files, enter the following command:
For example, to install the REST driver RPM, use this command:
rpm --dbpath $ROOTDIR/rpm -Uvh --relocate=/usr=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/etc=$ROOTDIR/etc --relocate=/opt/novell/eDirectory=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/opt/novell/dirxml=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/dirxml --relocate=/var=$ROOTDIR/var --badreloc --nodeps --replacefiles /home/user/netiq-DXMLRESTDrv.rpm
NOTE: For Identity Manager versions below 4.8.1, copy the following jar files from the extracted Common folder dirxml_misc.jar, jcce-oauth-1.3.0.jar and jcce-1.3.0.jar to /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/dirxml/classes
where /opt/novell/eDirectory is the location where non-root eDirectory is installed and /home/user/ is the home directory of the non-root user.
(Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, start the Remote Loader instance and the driver instance.
Technical Support Information
Issues Fixed in this Release
Implementation in Previous Release (22.214.171.124)
- ALM 328139 - REST Driver sends a response for only one <request> when multiple <request> are sent under the <driver-operation-data> to AWS.
- This version of the driver supports an upgraded version of the jetty-all-9.4.34.v20201102-uber.jar file.
Issues Fixed in Release (126.96.36.199)
Implementations in Release (Version 188.8.131.52)
- ALM 231647 - REST shim version 184.108.40.206 breaks processing of binary content types.
- ALM 235207 - REST shim is unable to access the HTTP response headers.
- ALM 280236 - REST driver shim must retry when the "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" error occurs.
Fixes in Driver Version 1.1.0
- Enhanced OAuth2.0 authentication with JWT Token, Refresh Token, and Bearer Token authorization.
- Important Internal Security Bug Fixes.
Fixes in Driver Version 220.127.116.11
- Bug 1115879 - The log is enhanced to trace the OAUTH connection string for the resource types in Level 6 and Level 7.
- Bug 1160325 - The exception error for the DELETE method handler against Identity Applications REST API is not displayed anymore.
- Bug 1153678 - Enhanced the ability to handle expired JWT tokens efficiently.
- Bug 1020337 - The errors Code(-9024) for migrating users to eDirectory and error Code(-9131) for querying attribute in user is fixed.
- Bug 1156668 - REST driver now connects to an external website using the "&" string instead of the "&" string which caused loading errors.
- Bug 1143750 - Multiple concurrent connections in the code is now allowed per route eliminating timeout errors.
- Bug 1139449 - The date header issue is now fixed for the date format in REST driver.
- Bug 1150240 - For basic authentication, the Identity Manager REST Driver Publisher SSL Configuration can now be set with different passwords for keystore and private key.
- Bug 1170892 - REST Driver 1.1 does not terminate anymore when jcce version 1.3.0 is used.
- Bug 1122150 - The exception errors caused by querying PAM 3.5 for the REST end points are now fixed.
- Bug 926506 - The domain name with the status code now appears as a response of REST API execution.
Fixes in Driver Version 18.104.22.168
- Bug 1086171 - Ability to correctly handle the Content-Type header in the sub-execte process on the Subscriber channel.
- Bug 1094571 - The rs:jsonToXds() function returns valid XDS when an Add event contains multivalued attributes.
- Bug 1094572 - When the Publisher channel Add event contains structured JSON fields, the rs:jsonToXds() function does not drop the event.
- Bug 1101989 - Additional logging is provided to show REST URI validation calls.
- Bug 1109231 - Ability to update Facsimile Telephone Number on the Publisher channel.
- Bug 1011865 - Package upgrade or downgrade creates duplicate GCVs or GCV instance values and deletes ECV customization.
- Bug 1035017 - Incorrect parameter description for subOauthURL.
- Bug 1025265 - java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.novell.xml.dom.DocumentImpl.getXmlStandalone()Z java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.novell.xml.dom.DocumentImpl.getXmlStandalone()Z error.
- Bug 1086399 - Upgrading from version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 does not update the driver version.
- Bug 982847 - Incorrect encoding on the Subscriber channel.
- Bug 1034526 - Upgrading the driver base package does not preserve the old driver configuration values.
- Bug 1025281 - Emtpy values cause the JSON converter to crash with a null pointer exception.
- Bug 1048054 - Forces the Identiy Manager engine to an out of memory state.
- Bug 1073348 - Unable to provide direct Bearer authentication.
- Bug 961725 - Does not accept 200 and 204 on a DELETE return.