This update is applicable for REST drivers running Identity Manager 4.6.x or Identity Manager 4.7.x. The driver version will be changed to 22.214.171.124 after the patch is applied.
Identity Manager 4.6.x
Identity Manager 4.7.x
Updating the Driver Files
- Take a back-up of the current driver configuration.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running locally, stop the driver instance and the Identity Vault.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, stop the driver and the Remote Loader instance.
- Download and unzip the contents of the IDM_REST_1020.zip file to a temporary location on your computer.
- (Conditional) To update the driver files as a root user:
- On the server where you want apply the driver patch, log in as root.
- Navigate to the extracted <IDM_REST_1020.zip> directory and perform one of the following actions for your platform:
(Conditional) To update the driver files as a non-root user:
(Conditional) If the driver is running locally, start the Identity Vault and the driver instance.
- Verify that /rpm directory exists and contains _db.000 file.
The _db.000 file is created during a non-root installation of the Identity Manager engine. Absence of this file might indicate that Identity Manager is not properly installed. Reinstall Identity Manager to correctly place the file in the directory.
- To set the root directory to the location of non-root Identity Vault, enter the following command in the command prompt:
ROOTDIR=<non-root eDirectory location>
This will set the environmental variables to the directory where Identity Vault is installed as a non-root user.
- To install the driver files, enter the following command:
For example, to install the REST driver RPM, use this command:
rpm --dbpath $ROOTDIR/rpm -Uvh --relocate=/usr=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/etc=$ROOTDIR/etc --relocate=/opt/novell/eDirectory=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/opt/novell/dirxml=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/dirxml --relocate=/var=$ROOTDIR/var --badreloc --nodeps --replacefiles /home/user/netiq-DXMLRESTDrv.rpm
where /opt/novell/eDirectory is the location where non-root eDirectory is installed and /home/user/ is the home directory of the non-root user.
(Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, start the Remote Loader instance and the driver instance.
Technical Support Information
Issues Fixed in This Release
- Bug 1086171 - Ability to correctly handle the Content-Type header in the sub-execte process on the Subscriber channel
- Bug 1094571 - The rs:jsonToXds() function returns valid XDS when an Add event contains multivalued attributes
- Bug 1094572 - When the Publisher channel Add event contains structured JSON fields, the rs:jsonToXds() function does not drop the event
- Bug 1101989 - Additional logging is provided to show REST URI validation calls
- Bug 1109231 - Ability to update Facsimile Telephone Number on the Publisher channel
Issues Fixed in Previous Releases
Fixes in Driver Version 126.96.36.199
- Bug 1011865 - Package upgrade or downgrade creats duplicate GCVs or GCV instance values and deletes ECV customization
- Bug 1035017 - Incorrect parameter description for subOauthURL
- Bug 1025265 - java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.novell.xml.dom.DocumentImpl.getXmlStandalone()Z java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.novell.xml.dom.DocumentImpl.getXmlStandalone()Z error
- Bug 1086399 - Upgrading from version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 does not update the driver version
- Bug 982847 - Incorrect encoding on the Subscriber channel
- Bug 1034526 - Upgrading the driver base package does not preserve the old driver configuration values
- Bug 1025281 - Emtpy values cause the JSON converter to crash with a null pointer exception
- Bug 1048054 - Forces the Identiy Manager engine to an out of memory state
- Bug 1073348 - Unable to provide direct Bearer authentication
- Bug 961725 - Does not accept 200 and 204 on a DELETE return