This update is applicable for Lotus Notes drivers running Identity Manager 4.6 or later. The driver version will be changed to 22.214.171.124 after the patch is applied.
Identity Manager 4.5 or later
Upgrading the Driver
The driver upgrade process involves the following tasks:
Upgrading the Driver Packages
- Upgrading the driver packages
- Updating the driver files
- Download the Lotes Notes Base package.
- Package Name: NOVLNOTEBASE
- Version: 2.1.2
- Build Date: 20171212
- Build Number: 153017
Open the project containing the driver.
Right-click the driver for which you want to upgrade an installed package, then click Driver > Properties.
A check mark indicates a newer version of a package in the Upgrades column.
Click Select Operation for the package that indicates there is an upgrade available.
From the drop-down list, click Upgrade.
Select the version that you want to upgrade to, then click OK.
NOTE: Designer lists all versions available for upgrade.
(Conditional) Fill in the fields with appropriate information to upgrade the package, then click Next.
Depending on which package you selected to upgrade, you must fill in the required information to upgrade the package.
Read the summary of the packages that will be installed, then click Finish.
Review the upgraded package, then click OK to close the Package Management page.
Updating the Driver Files
- Take a back-up of the current driver configuration.
- Stop the Remote Loader and the driver instance.
- Download and unzip the contents of the IDM45_Notes_4110.zip file to a temporary location on your computer.
- (Conditional) To update the driver files as a root user:
- On the server where you want apply the driver patch, log in as root.
- Navigate to the extracted <IDM45_Notes_4110.zip> file and perform one of the following actions for your platform:
(Conditional) To update the driver files as a non-root user:
Copy ndsrep to the /local/notesdata directory specific to the architecture of your Domino Server.
- Verify that /rpm directory exists and contains _db.* file.
The _db.* file is created during a non-root installation of the Identity Manager engine. Absence of this file might indicate that Identity Manager is not properly installed. Reinstall Identity Manager to correctly place the file in the directory.
- To set the root directory to the location of non-root Identity Vault, enter the following command in the command prompt:
ROOTDIR=<non-root eDirectory location>
This will set the environmental variables to the directory where Identity Vault is installed as a non-root user.
- To install the driver files, enter the following command:
For example, to install the Lotus Notes driver RPM, use this command:
rpm --dbpath $ROOTDIR/rpm -Uvh --relocate=/usr=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/etc=$ROOTDIR/etc --relocate=/opt/novell/eDirectory=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/opt/novell/dirxml=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/dirxml --relocate=/var=$ROOTDIR/var --badreloc --nodeps --replacefiles /home/user/novell-DXMLnotes.rpm
where /opt/novell/eDirectory is the location where non-root eDirectory is installed and /home/user/novell-DXMLnotes.rpm is the home directory of the non-root user.
Technical Support Information
Issues Fixed in This Release
- Bug 439734 - Ability to set key strength in the Lotus Notes driver
- Bug 988163 - ndsrep correctly detects initial changes when Write time stamps are set to true
- Bug 1008129 - Enhanced query functionality to use address book full text index
Issues Fixed in Previous Releases
- Bug 736193 - rpm -Uvh is not working for Notes Driver
- Bug 899302 - Cannot change "User name" using adminP on Lotus Notes Server
- Bug 922239 - Latest Notes Driver Build date and time showing in different format
- Bug 937548 - Notes driver does not cache external users (smtp addresses)
- Bug 923128 - Notes: publisher is slow to process group modifications
- Bug 902486 - Notes "Out of Backend Memory"
- Added support for Domino 9
- Bug 819118 - Need 64 bit ndsrep to support 64 bit Domino 9
- Bug 841113 - Unable to copy required files on Linux Notes 9 client setup
- Bug 840793 - Modify operation results in inconsistent data
- Bug 769665 - The "idvdata/entitlements/assignments/ms" endpoint on the Notes driver
- Bug 674983 - After update to Notes 8.5.2 fp1, the driver is not able to impersonate the driver user anymore: Error 437
- Bug 590407 - Unable to Register user in Notes, Notes User Certification is not being created
- Bug 483742 - Add support for ID Vault in Domino 8.5