This update is applicable for JDBC drivers running Identity Manager 4.7.2 or later. The driver version will be changed to 18.104.22.168 after the patch is applied.
Identity Manager 4.7.2 or later
Upgrading the Driver
The driver upgrade process involves updating the driver files.
Updating the Driver Files
- Take a back-up of the current driver configuration.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running locally, stop the driver instance and the Identity Vault.
- (Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, stop the driver and the Remote Loader instance.
- Download and unzip the contents of the IDM_JDBC_4210.zip file to a temporary location on your computer.
- (Conditional) To update the driver files as a root user:
- On the server where you want apply the driver patch, log in as root.
- Navigate to the extracted <IDM_JDBC_4210.zip> file and perform one of the following actions for your platform:
(Conditional) To update the driver files as a non-root user:
(Conditional) If the driver is running locally, start the Identity Vault and the driver instance.
- Verify that /rpm directory exists and contains _db.* file.
The _db.* file is created during a non-root installation of the Identity Manager engine. Absence of this file might indicate that Identity Manager is not properly installed. Reinstall Identity Manager to correctly place the file in the directory.
- To set the root directory to the location of non-root Identity Vault, enter the following command in the command prompt:
ROOTDIR=<non-root eDirectory location>
This will set the environmental variables to the directory where Identity Vault is installed as a non-root user.
- To install the driver files, enter the following command:
For example, to install the Lotus Notes driver RPM, use this command:
rpm --dbpath $ROOTDIR/rpm -Uvh --relocate=/usr=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/etc=$ROOTDIR/etc --relocate=/opt/novell/eDirectory=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/eDirectory --relocate=/opt/novell/dirxml=$ROOTDIR/opt/novell/dirxml --relocate=/var=$ROOTDIR/var --badreloc --nodeps --replacefiles /home/user/novell-DXMLjdbc.rpm
where /opt/novell/eDirectory is the location where non-root eDirectory is installed and /home/user/novell-DXMLjdbc.rpm is the home directory of the non-root user.
(Conditional) If the driver is running with a Remote Loader instance, start the Remote Loader instance and the driver instance.
Technical Support Information
Issues Fixed in This Release
- Bug 1130574 - Restarting a driver (Triggerless mode) initiates synchronization only if there are any changes in the database
- Bug 1131052 - Corrected the group ownership of the /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib directory
- Bug 1132842 - Improved Publisher polling performance when the driver is running in Triggerless mode
Issues Fixed in Previous Releases
Issues Fixed in Driver Version 22.214.171.124
- Bug 883897 - Ability to support custom entitlements through JDBC custom entitlement package
- Bug 1098316 - Extending ZoomDB support for Identity Manager for JDBC driver
- Bug 1106349 - JDBC driver shim supports passing of is-sensitive jdbc:value element to the stored procedures
- Bug 1106350 - Driver identification class query to driver shim is enhanced to include status information in the response
- Bug 1106351 - Stored procedure can successfully retrieve statement results after upgrading to JDBC driver 126.96.36.199
Issues Fixed in Earlier Releases
- Bug 1087394 - Publication mode: Triggerless, JDBC Driver state file size keep increasing without any operations