September 1, 2011
NetIQ Ranked a Leader in Role Management and Access Recertification by Independent Research Firm
Access Governance Suite Complements and Extends Identity and Access Management Investments to Mitigate Risk and Improve Data Protection
NetIQ today announced that it was among the select companies evaluated by Forrester Research Inc. in its August 2011 report: "The Forrester Wave™ report, Role Management and Access Recertification." Vendors were evaluated on three primary criteria: current offering, strategy and market presence, with NetIQ cited as a leader in this report.
The Role Management and Access Recertification Wave Report delivers a detailed analysis of available products and services that deliver access recertification, role management, and access request and change management capabilities. This inaugural Wave Report highlights the crucial role that access governance plays given the increasing demand placed on organizations by regulators and auditors as well the growing threat of data breaches. To underscore the importance of this growing market segment, Forrester recommends that "As a security and risk leader, if you only have one dollar to spend on identity management, spend it on access governance."
"Organizations need more than just technology to successfully manage enterprise risk and data protection. They need proven solutions that include the ability to leverage existing IAM investments and vendor expertise that can help yield customer success," said Ron Hardy, vice president of Products and Marketing, NetIQ. "We are pleased that Forrester Research has recognized the strength of the Access Governance Suite, our strategic vision for this product and its position in our Identity and Access Management solution set. As market needs and demands evolve, we look forward to advancing our access governance solutions to best meet those requirements." 1
Access Governance Suite is an integral component of the NetIQ Identity and Access Management solution set. Delivering access recertification, job role management, automated access request management and more, its unique capabilities simplify how access to information resources is governed and certified—helping enterprises satisfy regulatory requirements while improving security. With Access Governance Suite, customers can:
- Reduce risk, cost and complexity: Replace error-prone manual procedures with an automated approach for requesting, reviewing, certifying and remediating resources access—reducing the time and cost associated with demonstrating compliance.
- Dynamically manage change: Manage changes to user access requirements while speeding up access delivery and avoiding potential compliance violations.
- Govern enterprise policies across IT policy domains: Enforce enterprise security business rules—such as Separation of Duties (SoD) policies—while allowing business unit-specific access policies to govern information resources.
- Identify business risks stemming from user access: Gain a business-relevant, comprehensive view of access rights, complemented by powerful analytics, to reveal risks and anomalies that need review and remediation.
- Implement sustainable compliance procedures: Create an auditable record for access policy management that proves compliance with pertinent regulations.
NetIQ is an enterprise software company with relentless focus on customer success. Leveraging its WorkloadIQ approach, NetIQ helps customers cost-effectively tackle complex information protection challenges such as FISMA, FDCC/SCAP, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX and NERC CIP and securely deliver and manage computing services across physical, virtual and cloud computing environments. For information on how our solutions yield reduced cost, complexity and risk, contact us.
1 Forrester Research, "The Forrester Wave: Role Management and Access Recertification, Q3 2011," August, 2011.
Copyright© 2017 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Welcome, Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
- Sales: (888) 323-6768
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Media and Analyst Relations