December 8, 2009
NetIQ Extends AD-centric Identity Management to Heterogeneous IT Environments
Centrify Relationship Enhances Solutions to Reduce the Cost and Complexity of Meeting Compliance
To help organizations better demonstrate consistent audit controls for role-based entitlements and user access—the most difficult compliance requirements of PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, NERC, FISMA and others—NetIQ Corporation today announced the availability of NetIQ® Identity Integration Suite™. As a result, NetIQ now provides a fully integrated solution that leverages Microsoft Active Directory to centralize the management of identities and access controls across Microsoft, UNIX, Linux, VMware ESX and Apple Mac OS X platforms.
NetIQ Identity Integration Suite helps organizations achieve compliance and improve efficiencies by:
- Centralizing cross-platform directory administration – Eliminates redundant identity stores, provides administrators and users with single sign-on, standardizes on a single set of tools and processes and enforces enterprise-wide security policies.
- Simplifying compliance and reporting – Provides a single point of administration for access control and security policy as well as out-of-the-box reports that help pass audits.
- Delivering secure, granular user access control – Segregates UNIX, Linux, VMware ESX or Apple Mac OS X systems within Active Directory with unique sets of users, administrators and security policies; enables users or groups to execute privileged commands without switching accounts or requiring privileged account passwords.
- Restricting user access – Limits commands that users or groups can execute, enables security managers to define and manage user roles; controls the time users can access sensitive data.
- Freeing server administrators of mundane user administration tasks – Allows UNIX and VMware administrators to maintain current asset operating procedures and focus on higher value activities to the business.
NetIQ Identity Integration Suite is the result of a strategic relationship with Centrify Corporation to OEM its Centrify DirectControl and Centrify DirectAuthorize products.
"As organizations look to streamline costs, become more agile and adhere to growing regulatory compliance requirements, leveraging Active Directory as a unified platform for managing identities across the enterprise is a logical choice," noted Frank Cabri, vice president of Marketing and Alliances, Centrify Corporation. "Our partnership with NetIQ validates the importance of AD-centric identity management and will allow enterprises to maximize their return on Active Directory investments."
"We are pleased to partner with Centrify for this solution to help customers confidently leverage the investments they have made in managing Active Directory to securing other mission-critical platforms," commented Ron Hardy, vice president of Product Management, NetIQ. "Organizations look to NetIQ for complete AD management solutions. With the NetIQ Identity Integration Suite, they can maximize the value from those investments while addressing their biggest compliance challenges."
Availability and Pricing
NetIQ Identity Integration Suite is available worldwide today. Pricing starts at $350 per server. For more information, visit www.netiq.com or call (888) 323-6768.
Centrify's identity and access management and auditing solutions secure cross-platform systems, web applications, databases and enterprise applications centrally using Microsoft Active Directory. They help organizations improve IT efficiency, better comply with regulatory requirements, and move toward a more secure, connected infrastructure for their cross-platform computing environment. More than 1,500 enterprise customers, including 38% of the Fortune 50, have selected Centrify for its easy-to-manage, Active Directory-based cross-platform interoperability solutions. For more information, visit www.centrify.com.
NetIQ, an Attachmate business, is a global leader in systems and security management. With more than 12,000 customers in over 60 countries, NetIQ solutions maximize technology investments and enable IT process improvements to achieve measurable cost savings. For more information on NetIQ's portfolio of award-winning products for IT Process Automation, Systems Management, Security Management, Configuration Audit and Control, Enterprise Administration and Unified Communications Management, please contact us.
Copyright© 2017 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Welcome, Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
- Sales: (888) 323-6768
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Media and Analyst Relations