March 11, 2008
NetIQ AppManager Offers Support for Windows Server 2008
Award-winning Systems and Application Management Solution Complements Latest Microsoft Operating System
To best accommodate leading-edge customers adopting new technology, NetIQ Corporation, an Attachmate business, today announced that NetIQ® AppManager® is now compatible with Windows Server 2008 (WS08). AppManager customers can manage, diagnose and analyze performance, availability and server health, and report on key performance indicators for WS08 from a single console view. These metrics can then be used to tune initial WS08 deployments, and guide subsequent server roll outs.
A significant upgrade to Windows Server 2003, WS08 continues efforts to prevent system attacks and improve operating system (OS) performance, reliability and manageability in highly distributed environments. Additionally, with this latest release, Microsoft aims to improve the overall performance and availability of the enterprise IT ecosystem. NetIQ's flagship systems and application management solution, AppManager—one of the first to offer support for this latest iteration of Microsoft's OS—helps customers realize these benefits by:
- Cutting through event noise to identify issues impacting business services and/or applications with internal and external monitoring, reporting and automated event escalation.
- Enabling the visual design of the event management workflow and automating it through AppManager, thus limiting the need for constant IT staff response.
- Automatically collecting event and performance data for reporting and report distribution to identify gaps and measure the success of improvement efforts.
"As organizations look to upgrade to Windows Server 2008, they need management and monitoring capabilities that are not only compatible, but enhance the benefits offered by this new platform," said Tim Sedlack, senior product manager at NetIQ. "NetIQ is committed to providing customers with systems and application management tools that continue to support their IT infrastructure as they migrate to new technology. Moreover, by automating the management process, our solutions ease the burden on IT administrators and deliver continuous ROI to justify their technology investments."
As the core technology for the NetIQ AppManager Suite, AppManager delivers comprehensive heterogeneous systems management, including monitoring, reporting and analysis, diagnostics and resolution. AppManager ensures that enterprises are better able to meet the ever-increasing demands of dynamic business services, virtualized environments and unified communications while reducing the total cost of technology ownership. Furthermore, AppManager provides enterprises with the ability to:
- Gain Greater Control over the IT Environment: AppManager further aligns IT with enterprise business objectives through features such as task automation, performance monitoring, policy exception management and secure delegation.
- Improve IT Productivity and Visibility: AppManager's features deliver greater flexibility and automation to adapt to dynamic enterprise IT environments. End-to-end service visibility vastly reduces and pre-empts business service downtime. Event impact assessment, response prioritization and corrective actions allow for faster event resolution.
- Maximize Return on IT Investment: AppManager's extensive out-of-the-box functionality, flexible integration with existing IT infrastructure, extensible platform and easy customization ensure that enterprises obtain both a rapid and continuous return on their investment.
NetIQ, an Attachmate business, is a leading provider of comprehensive systems and security management solutions that help enterprises maximize IT service delivery and efficiency. With more than 12,000 customers worldwide, NetIQ solutions yield measurable business value and results that dynamic organizations demand. NetIQ's best-of-breed solutions help IT organizations deliver critical business services, mitigate operational risk, and document policy compliance. The company's portfolio of award-winning management solutions includes IT Process Automation, Systems Management, Security Management, Configuration Control and Enterprise Administration.
Copyright© 2019 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.