October 25, 2007
NetIQ Introduces Aegis to Control and Automate IT Processes
Intelligent Automation Cuts IT Management Costs and Accelerates Successful ITIL Adoption
NEW YORK and HOUSTON
According to a recent Gartner report, IT operations process automation has become a key focus for organizations looking to improve and measure IT operations efficiencies in addition to implementing mechanisms that can help them integrate their disparate tool portfolios in support of best practices.¹ To that end, NetIQ enters the IT Process Automation (ITPA) market today with Aegis™, its patent-pending, vendor-agnostic platform to model, automate, measure and improve IT operational run books and processes.
Internally developed with a process-centric perspective, Aegis delivers Run Book Automation (RBA) with intelligent automation to vastly reduce the time spent by IT operations' staff on manual repetitive tasks. It is also a broad scope IT automation platform delivering an intelligent, incremental path for the adoption of ITIL best practices.
Aegis will integrate with NetIQ® systems and security management products as well as BMC Remedy, EMC Smarts and other leading third-party products to automate IT processes by leveraging organizations' existing technology investments. As a result, IT will have greater cohesion between multi-vendor management tools, the latitude to continue best-of-breed tool strategies and greater control of their costs.
- Enterprise Service Bus: Allows for vendor-agnostic integration of existing enterprise, security and application management tools
- Process Automation Engine: Executes pre-defined workflows in response to process triggers to command existing permissioned tools to take action
- Process Visualization: Enables viewing of process execution through an interactive Web console to better manage IT service delivery and facilitates collaboration between process owners
- Process Improvement Metrics and Reporting: Utilizes metrics generated by an analysis engine to calculate process efficiency and demonstrate improvement
- Workflow Modeling: Documents tribal knowledge through a drag-and-drop designer or pre-built templates to create processes based upon management best practices
- Correlation Engine: Gathers events and data from multiple tool sources and correlates them to produce more intelligent process triggers
"With our Aegis product, NetIQ is delivering a more practical approach to process automation that has not been available to date," said Chris Pick, vice president, Products and Marketing, NetIQ. "By providing more intelligent automation and a platform to maximize under-utilized management tools, Aegis helps organizations better control the cost of IT operations. This is critical as customers and prospects strive to eliminate highly repetitive and mundane tasks and more efficiently allocate their time to meeting business requirements for growth."
Pricing and Availability
NetIQ Aegis is offered under controlled availability, with general availability slated for late November 2007. Pricing is based upon managed object, management server and connectors to third party products. For more information, please visit: www.netiq.com/go/aegis-pr or call NetIQ at (888) 323-6768.
NetIQ, an Attachmate business, is a leading provider of comprehensive systems and security management solutions that help enterprises maximize IT service delivery and efficiency. With more than 12,000 customers worldwide, NetIQ solutions yield measurable business value and results that dynamic organizations demand. NetIQ's best-of-breed solutions help IT organizations deliver critical business services, mitigate operational risk, and document policy compliance. The company's portfolio of award-winning management solutions includes IT Process Automation, Systems Management, Security Management, Configuration Control and Enterprise Administration.
Copyright© 2019 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.