April 15, 2002
NetIQ Honored with Windows & .NET Magazine and SQL Server Magazine Best of Show Award at Microsoft Tech Ed 2002
Administration Suite, Advanced Edition, Wins Windows & .NET Category
NEW ORLEANS, LA
NetIQ Corp. (Nasdaq: NTIQ) today announced that the NetIQ® Administration SuiteTM, Advanced Edition, won the Windows & .NET Magazine and SQL Server Magazine Best of Show award in the Windows & .NET category at the Microsoft Tech Ed Conference held in New Orleans, Louisiana, April 9 - 13.
The awards recognize innovative products that show strategic importance and competitive advantage over others in the market. Judges from Windows & .NET Magazine and SQL Server Magazine presided over the awards and determined the winners.
"We are honored that the Windows & .NET Magazine and SQL Server Magazine selected NetIQ Administration Suite, Advanced Edition, as the Best of Show award-winner at Tech Ed 2002," said Matt Dircks, vice president of product management at NetIQ. "This award confirms what our customers have been telling us for some time, that they can rely upon NetIQ to provide business critical solutions that secure, manage, and report on their Windows environments."
"NetIQ's. Administration Suite, winner of the Windows & .NET Category, provides a comprehensive and integrated solution to the challenges of managing enterprise computing," said Karen Forster, editorial director, Windows & .NET Magazine Network. "This product helps solve problems IT professionals face on a daily basis."
About NetIQ Administration Suite, Advanced Edition
NetIQ's Administration Suite provides highly secure administration and powerful reporting for Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000/ Active Directory, Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000 and Windows resources, such as printers, shares and the NT file system. The Administration Suite, Advanced Edition includes:
- NetIQ Group Policy AdministratorTM - improves the security of Windows environments by simplifying the use of Active Directory Group Policy
- Directory Security AdministratorTM - enhances the security provided in Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory by giving administrators a centralized interface to easily visualize, search for and modify Active Directory Access Control Lists (ACLs).
- Directory and Resource AdministratorTM - the award-winning product that provides highly secure distributed and automated administration of Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000/Active Directory environments.
- Exchange AdministratorTM - integrates with Directory and Resource Administrator to automate and simplify Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 mailbox management across Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 enterprises.
- File Security AdministratorTM - provides comprehensive file security management and reporting across Windows NT and Windows 2000 file servers throughout the enterprise.
- Configuration AssessorTM - provides on-demand reporting capabilities, allowing IT managers to assess their environment, track system changes over time and identify security weaknesses.
You can find out more about the NetIQ Administration Suite, Advanced Edition at http://www.netiq.com/products/admin
NetIQ Corp. (Nasdaq:NTIQ) is a leading provider of e-business infrastructure management and intelligence solutions for all the components of an organization's e-business infrastructure— from back-end servers, networks and directories to front-end web servers and applications. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with development and operational personnel in Houston; Raleigh, N.C.; Bellevue, Wash.; and Portland, Ore. For more information, please visit NetIQ's web site at www.netiq.comor call 408/856-3000. For more information about WebTrends, the e-business intelligence product line from NetIQ, please visitwww.webtrends.com or call 888/WEBTRENDS.
Copyright© 2018 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Welcome, Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
- Sales: (888) 323-6768
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Media and Analyst Relations