October 8, 2002
NetIQ Continues to Deliver Enterprise Security Management
Software Enables Security and IT Professionals to Defend their Enterprise from Internal and External Breaches and Policy Violations
Microsoft Exchange Conference (MEC) 2002, NetIQ Corp. (Nasdaq: NTIQ), a leading provider of Systems Management, Security Management and Web Analytics solutions, today announced the release of enhanced security management solutions designed to help companies simplify the defense of their enterprise infrastructure from internal and external attacks. The latest releases of NetIQ® Security Manager™, NetIQ® Security Reporting Center™ and NetIQ® Security Administration Suite™ provide comprehensive security solutions that are easy to install, configure and deploy, enabling corporate IT administrators to gain greater control of their enterprise security environment without adding new staff or spending valuable resources on protracted implementation projects. The software is being demonstrated at the Microsoft Exchange Conference (MEC) in the NetIQ booth #506.
"Companies today face an increasing amount of internal and external threats to their IT security, which makes the need to centrally manage all facets of enterprise security essential to the success of their business," stated Matt Dircks, vice president, Product Management for Security and Administration Products at NetIQ. "NetIQ's leadership and experience in enterprise systems management enables us to uniquely address the ongoing convergence of systems management and security management and enables customers to manage the full scope of security including administrator and user privileges; assessment of current defenses; monitoring and enforcement of policy combined with deep analysis and reporting.
According to a recent IDC report, existing security products such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems are only partial solutions when it comes to securing an organization's IT assets. The report also stated that many available solutions protect targeted IT resources from external threats, while more is still needed to protect network infrastructure from internal threats.
"Both perimeter defenses and strong internal policy enforcement need to be applied and managed effectively," stated Charles Kolodgy, research manager for IDC's Internet Security Program. "IT organizations must arm their IT administrators and security professionals with the tools, skills and knowledge that minimize the security holes caused by misconfigurations and threats. NetIQ's vendor-neutral approach effectively ties together disparate security solutions that can be managed by a team of security experts or IT administrators charged with securing the IT infrastructure."
Today's announcement includes:
- Security Manager 4.0 — Installation time on Security Manager has dropped significantly allowing customers to install and deploy this central security management solution in about one hour. Customers can start real-time monitoring, correlation, analysis, automated response and reporting of best-of-breed security point products in one powerful central view almost immediately. New to this release is a new incident management console, expanded ISS RealSecure 6.5 support, and Check Point Firewall-1 support to include NG. Also new is support for Nokia Firewall appliance, Check Point Management consoles on UNIX in addition to Windows, as well as updated Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange support.
- Security Reporting Center 2.0 — Enterprises and management service providers will benefit from new, simplified real-time and web-based access to firewall, VPN and Proxy Server log analysis and reporting that allow multiple users and administrators to access reports automatically from a range of platform options from Windows NT/2000 to Solaris. Also available in Security Reporting Center 2.0 is employee Internet usage reporting that classifies URLs based on type of content with an embedded SurfControl database.
- Security Administration Suite 4.0 — Security Administration Suite enables IT administrators to provide a higher level of internal security when managing their Windows environment. By providing enterprise-level privilege management for Windows environments, including secure account administration capabilities, Group Policy management and directory permissions administration, Security Administration Suite helps enterprises protect themselves from internal security threats. The individual components of the suite — NetIQ® Group Policy Administrator™, NetIQ® Directory and Resource Administrator™ and the new version of NetIQ® Directory Security Administrator™ — can also be purchased separately.
"Security Administration Suite makes securing the Windows enterprise — including advanced technologies like Active Directory — easier and more effective by simplifying and automating much of the work," said Jeff Luckett, information security manager at Kindred Healthcare, a national provider of long-term healthcare services primarily operating nursing centers and hospitals. "NetIQ is helping me ensure employees can get to the appropriate data and computing resources they need, while protecting the same data and resources from inadvertent or malicious access."
Pricing and Availability
Available starting today, Security Manager, Security Reporting Center and Security Administration Suite are priced as follows:
- Security Manager — Base Windows Agent (includes Log Manager and Host Intrusion Detector) is $900 per server, $35 per workstation. The Firewall, IDS and Antivirus Monitors are priced separately at $1,500 per enforcement point; $1,100 per network sensor or $110 per server sensor; and $150 per server or $15 per workstation, respectively.
- Security Reporting Center starts at $8,800 per five-pack, for a Tier 2 Device.
- Security Administration Suite is $24 per user for the complete suite (individual components may be purchased separately starting at $12 per user.
For more information contact your NetIQ sales representative at (888) 323-6768 or NetIQ authorized reseller or visit the NetIQ Web site www.netiq.com/solutions/security/default.asp.
Founded in 1995, NetIQ Corp. (Nasdaq: NTIQ) is a leading provider of Systems Management, Security Management and Web Analytics solutions. Historically focused on the Windows management market, NetIQ now delivers cross-platform solutions that enhance business performance resulting in higher returns on infrastructure and Web investments. NetIQ products are sold across all continents directly and through a network of authorized NetIQ partners and resellers. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with development and operational personnel in Houston, Texas; Raleigh, N.C.; Bellevue, Wash.; and Portland, Ore. For more information, please visit NetIQ's Web site at www.netiq.com or call (888) 323-6768.
Copyright© 2018 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Welcome, Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
- Sales: (888) 323-6768
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Media and Analyst Relations