April 1, 2002
NetIQ Broadens Support for Cisco Systems AVVID Solutions With NetIQ VoIP Manager Suite 2.0
Leading IT Infrastructure Architect Avnet Enterprise Solutions Selects NetIQ VoIP Manager to Provide Optimal Performance, Reliability and Predictability
SAN JOSE, Calif.
NetIQ Corp. (Nasdaq: NTIQ), a leading provider of e-business infrastructure management and intelligence solutions, today announced a new version of NetIQ® VoIP Manager™ Suite (VoIP Manager) part of the NetIQ VoIP Management solution. NetIQ also announced today that Avnet Enterprise Solutions, a leading IT infrastructure architect and Cisco AVVID partner, has chosen NetIQ VoIP Manager as a primary component in providing comprehensive dispatch services, Help Desk support and VoIP monitoring solutions to its expanding base of customer's moving to VoIP technology.
"Knowing that IP telephony is undergoing explosive growth, we have to be able to support our customers to the fullest extent. We evaluated a number of products on the market and selected NetIQ VoIP Manager for its ability to provide analytical, uptime and utilization information for our customers 24x7," says Jeff Beall, senior vice president, Professional Services, Avnet Enterprise Solutions. "The certified engineers in our National Customer Support Center rely on NetIQ VoIP Manager to monitor real-time availability, call quality, resource use, downtime and to provide reporting for real-time support of the network's active nodes, traffic, outages, reboot detection and more."
NetIQ VoIP Manager 2.0 provides enhanced functionality that further simplifies the management of Cisco's IP telephony solutions, with new management modules for Cisco Unity and Cisco Personal Assistant. NetIQ VoIP Manager 2.0 today provides network administrators the most comprehensive VoIP management solution for Cisco AVVID applications. NetIQ VoIP Manager solution's automated monitoring and problem management functions enable network administrators to take full control of their VoIP environments, minimize downtime, reduce time spent tracking down the cause of VoIP performance problems and resolve problems before the end user is affected.
NetIQ VoIP Manager also provides real-time monitoring of VoIP call quality, network and gateway performance, and availability of critical IP telephony systems all from one easy-to-use console. The following modules are featured in NetIQ VoIP Manager 2.0:
- VoIP Manager for Cisco CallManager monitors system health, availability and performance for all server components on Cisco Systems CallManager systems.
- (New) VoIP Manager for Cisco Unity offers real-time monitoring and management of Cisco's Unity voicemail/unified communications servers.
- (New) VoIP Manager for Cisco Personal Assistant allows real-time monitoring and management of Cisco's Personal Assistant servers.
- VoIP Manager for Call Performance ensures that the network is performing well for VoIP by emulating complex traffic, including leading codecs, silence suppression and jitter buffers, and monitoring key metrics like delay, jitter and consecutive lost packets.
- (New) VoIP Manager for H.323 Call Setup facilitates real-time monitoring of call server and gateway availability and response time and simulates IP phone registration and call setup using the H.323 protocol.
- VoIP Manager for Compaq Insight Manager extends NetIQ VoIP Manager to view, monitor and manage hardware performance for Cisco's Media Convergence Servers and other VoIP servers based on Compaq hardware.
- (New) VoIP Manager for Dell OpenManage allows real-time monitoring of hardware performance for IP telephony servers running on Dell hardware with Dell OpenManage.
- (New) VoIP Manager Connector for Micromuse Netcool forwards VoIP Manager events to Micromuse Netcool/OMNIbus.
- (New) VoIP Manager Connector for HP Openview NNM forwards VoIP Manager events to HP Openview Network Node Manager.
"As businesses move their critical voice communications to VoIP, management solutions that enable maximum performance and 24x7 availability of VoIP are an absolute requirement," said Steve Joyce, director of networking technologies for NetIQ. "With the addition of these new modules, NetIQ now provides the broadest set of management solutions to help our customers streamline the management and increase the performance and availability of their Cisco AVVID environments."
Availability and Pricing
All modules for NetIQ VoIP Manager 2.0 are currently available and pricing for a typical pilot starts around $5,000.
NetIQ Corp. (Nasdaq: NTIQ) is a leading provider of e-business infrastructure management and intelligence for all the components of an organization's e-business infrastructure - from back-end servers, networks and directories to front-end web servers and applications. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with development and operational personnel in Houston, Texas; Raleigh, N.C.; Bellevue, Wash.; and Portland, Ore. For more information, please visit NetIQ's Web site atwww.netiq.com or call (408) 856-3000.
Copyright© 2017 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Welcome, Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
- Sales: (888) 323-6768
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Media and Analyst Relations