July 2, 2001
NetIQ Unveils Security Management Strategy and Product Lineup
Delivers Central Enterprise Security Management Portal and Integration of NetIQ and WebTrends Security Products for Comprehensive Security Solution
SAN JOSE, Calif.
NetIQ Corporation (Nasdaq: NTIQ), a leading provider of e-business infrastructure management and intelligence solutions, today announced its strategy for centralized enterprise security management. NetIQ also announced today that it has combined and integrated security products from NetIQ and WebTrends to provide a comprehensive security management solution covering real-time security incident management, security event correlation, host-based intrusion detection, security policy management, vulnerability assessment, firewall security reporting, user security administration and file security administration.
NetIQ's strategy is to provide an end-to-end security solution that enables organizations to effectively administer, assess, enforce and protect all aspects of security in their enterprise. NetIQ today, via its Security Manager product, delivers an enterprise security management 'platform'. This platform provides a central portal that enables correlation and management of security information across multiple operating systems, applications, anti-virus products, firewalls, network intrusion detection products, network devices and vulnerability assessment products. Currently focused on Windows-centric enterprises, Security Manager will also offer support for heterogeneous operating systems including Windows NT, Windows 2000, Unix and Linux.
"Until now there hasn't been a single portal for correlating and managing security information and incidents across the wide variety of security applications across the enterprise," said Tom Kemp, senior vice president of products for NetIQ. "Today Security Manager provides centralized security management, an integrated security knowledge base and offers cross-application support, while still allowing organizations to build their security defenses from their chosen best of breed products."
Comprehensive Security Solution
NetIQ offers a comprehensive security management solution that addresses security at multiple layers of the computing infrastructure. Its products allow administrators to proactively manage security incidents, assess vulnerabilities, enforce organizational security policies and protect computing resources against invasions or unintended use. Products in the security management solution include:
- Security Manager for real-time security monitoring, alerting and automated incident response, security policy configuration enforcement and host-based intrusion detection. In addition to monitoring security events from operating systems, applications, and network devices, Security Manager also collects, filters and correlates event data from third-party security products including leading anti-virus and firewall products providing a complete view of an organizations security in a single centralized portal. Security Manager is built on a highly scalable event management architecture that has been 'battle-proven' to handle over 30 million events per day with sub-second event collection times enabling fast incident response.
- Security Analyzer an award-winning multi-platform vulnerability scanning and assessment product that identifies the latest known security vulnerabilities. Security Analyzer provides over 2300 vulnerability tests and comprehensive security configuration reporting for Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Solaris and RedHat Linux as well as a wide range of applications. Security Analyzer's powerful autosync capabilities enable continuous automatic update of vulnerability tests. Security Analyzer integrates with Security Manager by forwarding vulnerability assessment data for alerting, automated risk management and incident response.
- Firewall Suite identifies and reports on critical security events at the firewall and analyzes firewall log files for potential vulnerabilities and security holes. It provides support for over 30 leading firewall products and integrates with Security Manager by providing firewall analysis data in the Security Manager portal.
- Directory and Resource Administrator provides safe, secure, distributed administration of user access rights and policy-based directory content management of Windows NT and Windows 2000, including user access and security privileges to decrease security exposures. Directory and Resource Administrator provides comprehensive logging and audit reporting and integrates with Security Manager by forwarding audit data for alerting, automated risk management and incident response.
- File and Storage Administrator tracks and audits the state of file system permissions and storage usage across hundreds or thousands of servers. This product enables security administrators to address the fundamental security issue of who has access to what. File and Storage Administrator also assesses, audits, analyzes and corrects file security and service account holes, provides automated backup and restore of file permissions and enables policy-based delegation of file security permission administration.
First Deliverable in NetIQ and WebTrends Integration
The NetIQ security management solution marks the first step in the ongoing integration of WebTrends and NetIQ products. Specific points of integration in the security management area include:
- WebTrends Security Analyzer product re-branded as part of the NetIQ Security Management solution.
- The integration of WebTrends Security Analyzer with NetIQ Security Manager to enable automated incident management based on the results of security vulnerability analysis.
- The integration of WebTrends Firewall Suite into NetIQ Security Manager to enable firewall security data to be viewed through the centralized security portal.
- Additional security management products currently in development based on NetIQ/WebTrends cross-lab teamwork.
The formation of a security management sales team and a global channel strategy initiative to create an integrated sales channel that leverages the strengths and competencies of our channel partners worldwide.
"We are extremely pleased that we have integrated the WebTrends and NetIQ security products so quickly within the first quarter of our merger. The result provides organizations with a comprehensive and compelling solution for security management," added Kemp.
Pricing and Availability
All products within the NetIQ Security Management solution are available now. For specific information, contact your authorized channel partner or local NetIQ office. To find out more details on the NetIQ security management solution please visitwww.netiq.com/security. To find out more details on Firewall suite contact WebTrends or an authorized channel partner atwww.webtrends.com/order/resellers.asp.
NetIQ Corporation (Nasdaq: NTIQ) is a leading provider of e-business infrastructure management and intelligence for all the components of an organization's e-business infrastructure—from back-end servers, networks and directories to front-end web servers and applications. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with development and operational personnel in Houston, Texas; Raleigh, N.C.; Bellevue, Wash.; and Portland, Ore. For more information, please visit NetIQ's web site atwww.netiq.com or call (408) 856-3000.
Copyright© 2017 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Welcome, Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
- Sales: (888) 323-6768
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Media and Analyst Relations