October 3, 2001
NetIQ Announces New Products to Streamline the Deployment and Management of Voice over IP
Full Lifecycle Solution Accelerates the Benefits of VoIP and Eases Manageability
San Diego, Caif.
At the Internet Telephony Conference and Expo, NetIQ Corporation (Nasdaq: NTIQ), a leading provider of e-business infrastructure management and intelligence solutions, today unveiled a new family of Voice over IP (VoIP) management products. Components of NetIQ's VoIP Management solution include Chariot VoIP Assessor, which tests a network's ability to handle VoIP traffic, and VoIP Manager Suite, a comprehensive platform for monitoring and proactively managing VoIP systems and networks.
With these new products, NetIQ will help administrators overcome two of the biggest obstacles to VoIP deployment: concern over call quality and the ability to match the reliability of today's public switched telephone network (PSTN). NetIQ's VoIP Management solution helps to decrease the cost of VoIP deployment while increasing the speed with which the deployment is completed and the likelihood of success.
"We chose NetIQ's VoIP Management solution based upon what we know to be important to VoIP success, knowledge gained through the deployment and administration of multiple VoIP networks, including one of the largest in the country," said Doug Bowlds, vice president, Convergence Technologies at AAC Associates Inc., a technology consulting firm specializing in network engineering, information assurance, and convergence services. "NetIQ's solution allows us to more quickly implement VoIP and can increase initial success rates dramatically."
NetIQ's strategy is to provide a comprehensive solution addressing the full lifecycle of a VoIP implementation -- allowing organizations to determine their network's readiness for voice traffic; facilitate VoIP deployment; then continually monitor, manage and report on the performance and security of VoIP call servers, the underlying IP network and call quality. NetIQ's solution integrates voice, network and systems management into the most comprehensive VoIP management suite available.
"The market is populated with point products addressing the needs of either telecom or network administrators, but there's been no attempt to provide a solution spanning the requirements of each," said Blaise Stephanus, senior analyst with Enterprise Management Associates, a technology consulting firm that specializes in management software and services. With its VoIP Management solution, NetIQ is attempting to do just that in a way that addresses a real need now and will grow to meet future requirements."
NetIQ is immediately delivering on its VoIP management strategy with the introduction of multiple products, including:
- Chariot VoIP Assessor. Based on the proven network testing technology of NetIQ's Chariot software, VoIP Assessor allows systems integrators and network managers to determine a network's readiness for VoIP prior to the purchase and deployment of any VoIP equipment. Users are accustomed to the extremely high reliability of the PSTN and call quality drops off quickly if packet loss, delay or jitter occurs. VoIP Assessor can emulate more than 1,000 simultaneous VoIP calls across a network, collecting key voice and network metrics, and analyzing the results — allowing administrators to make informed decisions on how to proceed with deployment.
- VoIP Manager Suite. The VoIP Manager Suite is a highly scalable management platform and a series of modules for monitoring the health, performance and availability of VoIP installations, including key VoIP servers, applications and the underlying network. VoIP Manager delivers rich out-of-the-box functionality, including sophisticated alerting options and automated problem management to ensure the highest availability and quality of VoIP systems and networks. If an event is generated, VoIP Manager immediately alerts the appropriate personnel via e-mail or pager so that corrective action can be taken. It automatically pinpoints, correlates and corrects performance problems - all from an intuitive Windows or Web-based console. In addition, VoIP Manager includes more than 100 customizable Knowledge Scripts that provide even deeper knowledge and management functionality. VoIP Manager helps network managers take full control of VoIP environments by identifying and resolving potential problems before end users are impacted. VoIP Manager modules available today:
- VoIP Manager for Call Performance. VoIP Manager for Call Performance monitors the data network's ability to deliver acceptable VoIP call quality. It does this by emulating VoIP calls between key points in the network, measuring MOS call quality scores and the critical network metrics: one-way delay, jitter and packet loss. Software agents can emulate complex VoIP traffic, including today's leading codecs and advanced features, such as silence suppression and jitter buffers.
- VoIP Manager for Cisco CallManager. VoIP Manager for Cisco CallManager monitors system health, availability and performance of all Cisco CallManager server components, including the operating system, SQL database, IIS web server, TFTP server and CallManager application services.
- VoIP Manager for Compaq Insight Manager. Extends VoIP Manager to view, monitor and manage hardware performance for Cisco's Media Convergence Servers (MCS) and other VoIP servers based on Compaq hardware.
Availability and Pricing
Chariot VoIP Assessor is scheduled for release at the end of October and is sold in one-month assessment licenses starting at $4,000 or perpetual licenses starting at $14,000. VoIP Manager, available immediately, is priced starting at $10,000 for a typical pilot VoIP deployment.
NetIQ Corporation (Nasdaq: NTIQ) is a leading provider of e-business infrastructure management and intelligence for all the components of an organization's e-business infrastructure - from back-end servers, networks and directories to front-end web servers and applications. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with development and operational personnel in Houston, Raleigh, N.C., Bellevue, Wash., and Portland, Ore. For more information, please visit NetIQ's Web site at www.netiq.comor call (408) 856-3000.
Copyright© 2019 Micro Focus Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Micro Focus and the Micro Focus logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micro Focus Corporation in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Welcome, Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
- Sales: (888) 323-6768
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Media and Analyst Relations