How is the Lotus Notes Driver’s “Address Book” mode different from “Non-Address Book” mode? More specifically, how does the driver behave differently when the driver start-up parameter ‘is-directory=”true”‘ is set?
In very general terms, the driver for Lotus Notes implementation guide talks of this difference. But, more specifically, the Lotus Notes driver behaves differently in the following ways:
1) The driver uses the Notes document ‘Type’ field as the preferred field to determine a Notes document’s object class. If the ‘Type’ field is not found on a Notes document, then the ‘Form’ field is used to determine object class.
2) On the subscriber channel, the following features are available:
- Notes Person Registration
- Notes mailfile creation
- Notes mailfile replication
- Domino Administration Process (AdminP) request creation, such as:
- Move and rename requests
- Person delete requests
- Change HTTPPassword requests
- Re-certification requests
- Set user password settings requests
- Background mailfile creation requests (IDM 3.5 version of the driver)
- Create database replica requests (IDM 3.5 version of the driver)
- Delete group requests
- (Note: for most of the AdminP features, the NotesDriverShim checks the file name of the Notes database. If it is not ‘names.nsf’, the AdminP features are not available.)
- Set hashed passwords into a Person document’s HTTPPassword field, or check/compare the value of the HTTPPassword field.
- Change password for a user.id file (IDM 3.5 version of the driver).
- ‘remove-all-group-membership=”true”‘ custom parameter.
3) On the publisher channel, the following features are available:
- The ability for the driver to interpret a move or rename event for person documents and rename events for group documents, due to a modified FullName (for person) or ListName (for group) field.
- The ability for the driver to automatically publish XML association-ref attributes on Notes document fields such as Manager (Person), Assistant (Person), Member (Group), and ListOwner (Group). This ability is also contained within the query processor.