In Windows 2k3 SP1 or Windows 2000 SP4, removal of eDirectory 8.7.3 or 8.8 can be done from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. But to remove 8.7.3 or 8.8 patches, there is no remove option in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
Note: This solution uses the example of removing the 22.214.171.124 Support Pack.
1. Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
2. Click on Novell eDirectory 8.7.3 (Patch).
3. Click the link that says “Click here for support information” (see figure below).
Figure 1 – Support information link (Larger image)
The support information says that to remove this patch, you need to re-run the installation that was used to install it and select Remove.
Figure 2 – Support information displayed (Larger image)
4. Go to the folder where you have 8739 Support Pack build and re-run eDir8739_Win32.exe.
Figure 3 – Re-running the Support Pack install (Larger image)
5. Select Remove and click Next to completely remove the 8739 patch.
Figure 3 – Removing the 8379 patch (Larger image)
After following these removal steps, the 8739 Support Pack will not be present in Add/Remove Programs.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at NetIQ Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by NetIQ, so Customer Support will not be able to help you if it has any adverse effect on your environment. It just worked for at least one person, and perhaps it will be useful for you too. Be sure to test in a non-production environment.