The Alpha release is designed to show a proof of concept of NSA. You will be able to find the download of the client at:
With this release we are demonstrating the basic functionality behind the idea.
This release is equipped with:
- Server discovery
- Server authentication and execution of SupportConfig on the server
- Retrieval of SupportConfig files back to client
- Framework for SupportPattern execution against retrieved files
- Archive and retrieval of past SupportConfig iterations for SupportPattern execution
- Configurable settings for these included feature sets
As of this release we have packaged up a handful of sample SupportPatterns that will show the workflow and result of an analysis.
Aside from working out bugs, customer enhancement request, and other planned feature enhancements, work is beginning on the back-end piece that will facilitate the creation and delivery of SupportPatterns. The end goal is not only to have Novell Technical Service create them, but to open the tool to the community to be able to identify issues and submit potential patterns to identify and provide solutions.
User feedback as far as current design direction and desired functionality is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
This can be accomplished through the client in the bugzilla or direct email link support-advisor @ novell.com