We are pleased to announce the release of Novell Operations Center 5.0 (formerly known as Managed Objects Business Service Management).
Novell Operations Center 5.0
It has been a year of positive change and more change is to come. We are looking forward to the future and want to share what we believe is our highest quality release yet. Novell Operations Center is now available and remains consistent with our continued theme of quality, usability, scalability and performance. This release also brings additional visualization capabilities.
A few highlights:
- myMO is now the standard Novell Operations Center Dashboard
- Novell product branding and cleaner look and feel
- SLA Status and Compliance portlets are now available in the Dashboard
- Ability to import LDAP groups
- Automated import and update of LDAP users and groups
- Custom operations in Operations Center Configuration Management System
- Currency of supported products include:
- Support for AIX 6.1, DB2 9.7, Postgres 8.4.3, Netcool 7.2 and Solarwinds Orion 9.5
Integration modules previously released are: Novell Cloud Manager and Amazon EC2
We are continuing our forum for sharing technical information, tips and tricks, but it is moving to a new location. It can now be found at http://forums.novell.com. The forums specific to business service management (BSM) are now found at http://forums.novell.com/netiq/netiq-product-discussion-forums/operations-center/. We encourage you to visit these forums regularly and to participate in the conversations.
Additional Technical Resources
You’ll also want to check out these key technical resources:
BrainShare®—As one of the industry’s leading technology conferences, Novell BrainShare offers more than 450 hours of in-depth technical sessions and hands-on training over four days. Learn more at www.novell.com/brainshare. BrainShare will be held October 10-14 in Salt Lake City.
Novell Communities—We are proud to say we have two communities :this one here in Cool Solutions targeting our customers and specific product discussions, and one general community targeting the industry, Business Service Management Hub. Follow us on Twitter as well, @NetIQ_BSM and @BSMHub.
Don’t miss contributions from the BSM technical staff in future issues and subscribe to receive alerts when each issue is available.