I need to create a nested Group in eDirectory 8.8.2 FTF1 or later, using the plugins available with iManager 2.7 SP1 or later and associate a static group to it.
- Log in to iManager 2.7 SP1 or later with Administrator credentials.
- Select Groups from the leftmost panel and create a static Group SG1:
Figure 1: Creating a Static Group.
- Select Directory Administration ->Modify object -> Browse SG1.novell and go to “Other” tab-> Select Objectclass
Figure 2: Showing the object Class attribute to be selected.
- Edit Objectclass attribute -> Add nestedGroupAux.
Figure 3: Adding the nestedGroupAux value to the object class.
- Apply these changes and click OK.
- Select Groups from the leftmost panel and create a Nested Group NG1 by checking the option of Nested Group and click OK
Figure 4: Showing the NG option in iManager.
- Select Groups -> Modify group -> NG1.novell
Figure 5: Showing the selection Nested Group in order to associate static group to it.
- Select -> Nested tab -> Group Member tab -> Browse for static group SG1 and apply the changes and click on OK.
Figure 6: Showing the association of static group SG1 (converted to a nested group) to Nested group NG1.
With this the static group (which is now converted to nested group) is made as the member of the static group using iManager.
- Select Groups -> Modify group -> SG1.novell
Figure 7: Showing the static group selection to verify its membership details.
- Select -> Nested tab -> Group Membership tab
Figure 8: Shows the membership information of SG1.
In the above screen shot -> Static group’s membership information is shown as NG1.novellNote: Nested tab provides only the Group members information and the Members tab provides all the user members information.
The below screen shot shows the usage of Members tab, to view the user members of the group.
Figure 9: Members tab showing the user members of the group.