Here’s my documentation on the installation and setup of ODBC and LReport.
Creating an ODBC Connection
1. Create an ODBC connection to the MySQL database like this (these instructions are for an XP workstation):
2. Download and install the MySQL ODBC 3.21 Connector client for Windows from:
3. Go to Control Panel / Administrative Tools/ Date Sources (ODBC).
4. Click Add and select the MySQL ODBC driver from the list.
5. Enter the following values:
6. Click OK and exit.
LReport can be installed from the Netware Nsure Audit install cd/dvd, from D:\Nsure\nsure_audit_1.0.3\Windows\lreport_win32.exe.
The installation is just a standard install; accept all defaults.
There are two steps to this: setting up the default database for LReport to
query, and installing the Application Schemata (the info on the structure of
the database and queryable items).
Setting Up the Default Database
1. Run LReport.
2. Select File/New/Database.
3. Fill in the following fields:
Install Application Schemata
This installs the info on the structure of the database and queryable items that LReport uses – it can be viewed in the Events pane.
1. Run LReport.
2. Select File/Import/Application Schemata.
3. Enter the IP address of the server hosting the MySQL database and select the language.
4. Restart the application.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at NetIQ Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by NetIQ, so Customer Support will not be able to help you if it has any adverse effect on your environment. It just worked for at least one person, and perhaps it will be useful for you too. Be sure to test in a non-production environment.