To create a bootable USB drive with the PlateSpin take control ISO image, perform the following steps.
1. Download the Universal Netboot Installer from Sourceforge, ensuring you pick the exe file (if you planning on making the USB drive from a Windows system) or the linux tar.gz (if you plan on building the USB image on a linux system)
2. Download the PlateSpin Physical take control ISO for your platform ( you can use any of the ISO images we provide) and save it locally on your system.
3. Plug in your USB thumb drive.
4. Launch the Universal Netboot Installer, select Diskimage as the source.
5. Specify the PlateSpin ISO filename under the Diskimage section.
6. Ensure that the type of drive is set to USB Drive, and the Drive Letter is specified. (for the appropriate USB thumb drive)
7. Click OK to start the copy process.
Once complete, the USB thumb drive will be bootable and can then be used in place of the Physical CD.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at NetIQ Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by NetIQ, so Customer Support will not be able to help you if it has any adverse effect on your environment. It just worked for at least one person, and perhaps it will be useful for you too. Be sure to test in a non-production environment.