NDS ACL list copy is a VB6 tool I have written to automate the copy of large (or small!) trustee lists from one NDS object to another. (I am talking about NDS rights here – not file system rights)
Please be aware this application is written in VB6 (now unsupported by Microsoft) and utilizes the NDAP activex controls available here – http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/ActiveX_NDAP_Controls (now unsupported by Novell) You should consider these facts before using this application in a production environment!
To use this tool:
- install it on a Windows Workstation with the Novell Client installed (tested on Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.91 SP4, your mileage may vary!)
- launch the application
- select a source object (this is the object with the ACL you wish to copy)
- tailor the ACL list as required using the Remove Assignment button
- select a destination object – the ACL from the source object will be added to the destination objects ACL (existing assignments will remain, except where rights are being explicitly changed in the source ACL)
- apply the changes using the Apply button
- any errors generated will be written to the errors window, which can be subsequently viewed in notepad for ease of viewing.