All-in-one IDM 2.x/3.x/4.x service driver for password notifications that can notify users, helpdesk and naudit on the following events:
- up to three times before passwords actually expire (notification intervals and times are configurably)
- after passwords expired, when grace logins fall below a configurable limit
- when accounts get locked and passwords have to be reset by an administrator
- on intruder lockout
All notifiction types and their targets (user, helpdesk and/or naudit) can be individually enabled/disabled. The notification schedule operates on an hourly or daily basis and is easily configured through GCVs.
Because IDM email templates are used, notifications can contain additional account data e.g. the time an intruder-locked account will be automatically unlocked again, or a company name for branding purposes. Email templates are maintained in iManager or Designer, making it easy to give them the same look and feel as the standard templates that come with IDM password synchronization.
New 06-22-2006: v1.1: This is a bugfixed and enhanced version. Now also
- decodes intruder addresses (IP only) and
- includes additional email templates and
- a readme.txt (finally!).
New 07-05-2007: v2.0 for IDM 3.5:
- trigger notifications from the subscriber channel (via policy or WorkOrder driver)
- notify managers on direct report’s upcoming account expiration
- uses ldap search instead of XdsQueryProcessor: much more efficient, especially in large tree environments (thanks to a hint by Father Ramon)
New 08-07-2008: v2.0.3 for IDM 3.5:
- now supports (and defaults to) secure ldap operations
- notify managers/helpdesk about idle accounts (no login for xx days)
- changed some GCVs and added more detailed comments on how to use them
New 08-31-2011: v2.1.1 for IDM 4.0:
- packaged version for easy import and maintenance through Designer
- removed dependency on bh-dirxmlutils.jar by porting bh_DecodeNetAddr and bh_b64ToHEX functions to ECMAscript
- code modularization and streamlining
- minor bug fixes
New 01-07-2013: v2.2:
- Changed policy naming scheme to include linkage weight
- Moved base filter to resource object
- Added suppport for Edir2Edir shim (to enable support for IDM Bundled Editions, which do not include NULL/LBACK shims), default for new installations.
- Added LDAP StartTLS support and LDAP tracing (through dependency on updated BH-BitsNPieces v1.0.3)
- Upgraded prompt stylesheets to latest versions
- Named LDAP Bind Password now takes precedence over bind user object’s Distribution Password.
- Read Distribution Password (if used) on every notification cycle instead of only once per driver start
- minor bug fixes
home page url: http://www.brummelhook.com/dirxml
IDM4.x: use package repo at http://www.brummelhook.com/download/idm/packages/site.xml
Driver Wiki: http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Password_Notification_Service_Driver
Some tips by Geoffrey: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3017
Changing time zone conversions: http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3083