Why do I need CheckEdir?
Sometimes some links in the eDirectory get lost. Because these error’s aren’t really data-base corruption’s, you cannot repair them with Dsrepair (NetWare/windows) or ndsrepair (Linux). One of the most common errors is that in ConsoleOne / iManager a user object claims to have a Group Membership of a Group but the user isn’t in the Member attribute of that group. If this is the case you can have strange errors like problems with file rights or an Application not showing up in the NAL. It’s the responsibility of applications like ConsoleOne / iManager to create both links between the group and user. There are a quite a few of these “double” links in the NDS. This program can check these some of these links and let you repair or remove the “faulty” links.
This version of the program is a completly rewritten version of checkNDS.
All the checks of checkNDS are available in this new program, there are also some new checks. There are 10 “check” packages available at the moment, and more packages will be released soon.
- User/Group (membership and security equals)
- Workstation/Workstationgroup (membership and security equals)
- Zen Applications (checks associations, chaining of applications, acl and file-rights)
- GroupWise (only eDirectory relation checks for GroupWise objects)
- SAS (checks the relations between SAS/Server and Key Material)
- Password Policy (Password Policies and objects)
- Role (security equals)
- LDAP ( LDAP-Server,LDAP-Group and server)
- SNMP (SNMP-group and server)
- eGuide (manager, direct reports and assistant)
Home page url: :