Announcing eControl 3.5 – Unified Management for Novell, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle and other strategic third-party systems
eControl 3.5 delivers a Unified Management Portal for Active Directory, Exchange, eDirectory, GroupWise, SAP and third-party applications.
Omni developed eControl to help organizations:
- Secure their networks and delegate account management and provisioning tasks to non-technical staff.
- Manage networks and systems across wide logical or geographical regions.
- Remove all supervisor and administrator access to directory, email and file systems.
- Enhance change log audit and reporting.
- Train new help desk staff in under 20 minutes.
eControl eliminates the complexities of using native administration applications like Microsoft Management Console, Task Pads, ConsoleOne and iManager to manage and provision user accounts. eControl simplifies role-based services by making it quicker and easier to control users’ task authority and search contexts.
eControl 3.5 – New Features Overview
This list provides an overview of the eControl 3.5 core platform enhancements. It does not cover specific new features related to eDirectory, GroupWise, Active Directory, Exchange, or SAP.
New Extensibility Features
- eControl Extensions – You can now extend eControl’s unified account management, provisioning, user self-service and auditing to your other key line-of-business applications such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and other third-party applications – configurable against all Custom Tasks, Create Profiles and key Tasks like Reset Password.
- Custom Tasks - Allows administrators to define customized tasks in eControl. For example, you can use eControl to allow users to modify specific user attributes or to confirm a modification or create multiple identification forms for different levels of users. Available for Manage and Self Admin.
- Export Tasks – Custom Tasks with the export settings enabled will allow users to export the selected objects’ data to CSV, TSV or XML formats using the available fields defined.
New Manage Module Features
- New Task Menu - The eControl task menu has been re-designed to allow for more tasks to be added. Create as many custom tasks as needed.
- Bulk Manage and Delete - Select multiple users and perform bulk changes. For example, bulk update user passwords, account status (enable/disable), users’ group memberships, user identification information, custom tasks and more. Bulk Delete allows you to delete a large number of user accounts that are no longer in use.
- New Fields - Many new fields available, all include change tracking and clearing capability.
- New User Photo Field - eControl now allows photos to be uploaded for users. The photo appears in the Identification and Self-service forms and in other photo-enabled directory applications
- New Browse Capabilities - The new Browse feature allows operators who prefer selecting users from a tree structure to carry out single tasks or bulk tasks for groups of users. This feature can be enabled on a per-container basis.
New Create Module Features
- Bulk Create - Using a CSV file, linked to a Create Profile, easily bulk create accounts for AD/Exchange and eDir/GroupWise. This feature is ideal for universities and colleges that need to create hundreds or thousands of new student and staff accounts at the beginning and end of each school year. Automatically add accounts to multiple groups based on the contents of the CSV file. Promotional upgrade to eControl 3.5 for EMU customers with current support – contact us for more information.
- Multi-System Create Profiles - eControl Create Profiles can be configured to create user accounts in multiple systems at once. For example, if part of your account provisioning process for new employees is to create an Active Directory account, Exchange mailbox, SAP account, and an account in your HR system, this can be accomplished from a single eControl Create linked profile.
New Administrator Panel Features
Delegated Administration - An Administrator can now define groups that have access to the eControl Administration Panel.
- New Dashboard - Display eControl usage data in four charts: Top 10 Operators, Top 10 Tasks, Activities Per Day, Activities Per Hour. The Top 10 Tasks chart has a drill-down option that shows the top ten users of selected tasks. This helps eControl Administrators spot trends and usage patterns.
- Activities Report - Operators and administrators can select an object in eControl (e.g., an account, group, resource, etc.) and view the complete lifecycle of modifcations made to the object during a specific time span. The report can be viewed online or sent to an email address.
- Container-based ACL - The eControl Administrator can now configure containers (as well as groups) to have access to specified eControl features.
- New Audit and Audit Viewer - Complete re-write of the auditing features. The audit log can now be written to any SQL database. Improved viewer with increased filtering capabilities.
- Log File Management - This new eControl service automatically zips up log and audit files on a weekly basis. Administrators can set a maximum size for the zip files, and once the size limit is exceeded, eControl will delete the old files and keep a minimum 3-week history (fully configurable). The backed-up log files from the current week are not touched by the service.
- Simplified Licensing Wizard - eControl Administrators can now request their licence directly from the eControl administrative interface.